Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madrox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 02:02 PM
    When your boyfriend threatens to cheat is he jealous?
    When your boyfriend threatens to cheator threatens with anything he can think of is he jealous?
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 9, 2008, 02:06 PM
    It is my experience that threats stem from insecurity which can lead to jealousy...

Neither of which are healthy for a relationship
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Yes, when a person wants to cheat, he will do it, no need for an announcement. But that will depend how it was said and how was his treatment to you on the entire relationship.

If he says like "You are hideous, i'll find someone good looking in time. For now Im just putting up." or "Look at the body, did you see that? Wow! Im gonna find someone like that.", Man, he's serious!

Your Bf sounds emotionally abusive. He threats with anything? Even my exes were never like that.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Sounds like he's very controlling and insecure. Jealous, yes, potentially abusive, yes, controlling, yes. The question is, how far are you willing to go to appease him before you realize that he has a problem?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 04:53 PM
    It doesn't matter his REASONS for talking crap like that... he gets one warning and then you're gone, right? You do have a spine, right?

"Threaten me with anything like that again, and I'm gone, no discussion. Remember that."

"Jealousy can be cute...but you're not being cute. Either get cute jealousy, or keep it to yourself. I'm sorry you're insecure, but it's your problem, not mine. If you're cute about it, maybe I'll listen, but I won't spend any time on mean jealousy. Remember that."
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Sep 9, 2008, 08:41 PM
    If someone were to tell me they were going to cheat on me, I would find it more of a cry out for attention then a threat.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 08:54 PM
    I read the title of this question and went, "what the..."

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but a boyfriend is one that makes you feel loved, secure, safe, and the most beautiful person in the world...

... a guy who threatens to cheat on you makes you feel unloved, insecure, unsafe, and... quite possibly not the prettiest person in the world.

I think this guy may be the LAST guy you want as a boyfriend, no?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 06:17 AM
    So why are you still with this creep? The first threat, should have been his last!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 08:08 AM
    I never heard that's if your partner threatens to cheat or do cheat, their jealous. It sounds like he have problems. Problems he needs to workout alone. Leave him. You should have wrote more about the situation but what you wrote tells a lot.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Sep 10, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Can't say more than everyone else has said, but I'll back that up. He has issues which either need to be talked about or you need to walk away from them. Remember that you can't help someone fix themselves if they don't want to be fixed...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Threatens to call police [ 8 Answers ]

I am a good mother, and I have proofs that I am. But my husband threatens me that he will call police. Because he wants divorce and want the custody of the baby , so. How should I tackel this if he calls the police. Also after divorce who gets the baby? My baby is 5 months old.

Abusive baby father threatens to take me to court should I get a restraining order? [ 9 Answers ]

My baby father has an alcohol problem and can not stay sober one day. I live with my parents. He is not on the birth certificate and we are not married. He will not come to my parents house to see our daughter (which is where I live with her). He never asks to see her he always asks to see me so I...

Can I fix hazardous steps if a contractor is refusing to fix, and threatens to sue? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in central Texas. I hired a landscape contractor to install retaining walls and a patio which included 4 steps in stone. These steps range in size from 6.5" to 9.5" and the tallest is on the top! They are very dangerous. He refuses to do any fixes, and walked off project. At one point in the...

Proposed OSHA Regulation Threatens [ 2 Answers ]

How much more government do yo need in private business? NSSF > >Proposed OSHA Regulation Threatens >Firearm and Ammunition Industry > >The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the government

He Refuses to leave and threatens me [ 9 Answers ]

I have been married to a man for almost 4 years. We have on child together and I have two from a previous relationship. I do not love him anymore. Through no fault of my own I am just tired of the BS. He has cheated on me, has a drug problem, refuses to work, refuses to watch the kids forcing me to...

View more questions Search