Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teracole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Father not on birth certificate
    If the father of my child is not on the birth certificate and the baby has my last name does he have any rights?
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Sep 9, 2008, 01:52 PM
    He has rights as long as you recognize him. However I think it is in your best interest to do so. <- that's an opinion only. If he signed anything like a recognition of parentage he has rights. In order for him to have rights paternity would have to be established on way or another.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 02:00 PM
    If he can prove through paternity test that he's the father, he will always have rights unless the court denied him due to some danger.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 02:35 PM
    As of now he does not have rights. But all he has to do is go to court and the judge will order a DNA test. When that comes back showing it is his kid then he will have rights and responsibilities toward his child such as visitation and support. The judge will also order that the because be changed to include his father on it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2008, 04:58 PM
    He may get his rights anytime he wants, he has to prove he is the father with a DNA test, Then file for visits and the such in court. So not being on the birth certificate just means he has to prove he is the father to use his rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding father to birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add my daughters father to the birth certificate... We were together and have been together since she was born, but when she was born things were rocky so I didn't put his name on there. We have been together for 10 yrs and we are now married. My daughter is 9yrs. Old and we want her...

Adding father to birth certificate after 6 years [ 1 Answers ]

Our daughter was born in Florida and her father and I now live on Colorado. How do we go about adding him to the birth certificate even though it has been 6 years?

Should I put the father on birth certificate or not? [ 1 Answers ]

I am writing on behalf of a teenage girl who is about to give birth to a daughter. She is no longer in relationship with the baby's father and doesn't know whether to list him on the birth certificate. She is also considering moving back to Mexico (her country of origin). Someone told her that...

Does a Father have a right to last name on Child Birth Certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Does a father have a right to have his last name as his child's last name on the child's Birth Certificate in the State of Georgia?

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search