Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abodh Posts: 47, Reputation: -2

Sep 9, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Fraud reporting
    The Deli hires a illegal immigrant for driver plus kitchen help and sponsors him as chef of Kabob. This individual never has experience chef nor training but produced fake experience letter from the overseas. In the meantime, the owner of deli hires him for cheap labor (US$5:00) for fulltime and sponsers as chef. After five years of this Saga, this guy gets US green card. Where do we report such incident? The community impact with such activities is legal residents are denied for the job but illegal guy gets green card in fradulent manner.
    honeypromoinc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 04:49 PM
    honeypromoinc

I'm sorry for butting in but I am trying to report a possible scam using Amazon name could some one please help me I am first time in case you have'nt guessed
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 11, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by abodh
    The Deli hires a illegal immigrant for driver plus kitchen help and sponsors him as chef of Kabob. This individual never has experience chef nor training but produced fake experience letter from the overseas. In the meantime, the owner of deli hires him for cheap labor (US$5:00) for fulltime and sponsers as chef. After five years of this Saga, this guy gets US green card. Where do we report such incident? The community impact with such activities is legal residents are denied for the job but illegal guy gets green card in fradulent manner.
    You can report this matter to USCIS and also Department of Labor for paying the employees below minimum wage if you have evidence.

Oct 5, 2008, 04:59 AM

What kind of evidence is needed? Basically, this is illegal deal between employer (sponsored for cheap labor) and employee(for green card), employee does not have enough qualification but produced fake certificate from foreign country. Can Labor department review the approval process again?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2008, 06:23 AM

First what fraud, that someone produced fake papers that they were a experienced cook ?

If the person was able to do the work for 3 years, it seems they were OK at the job.
    If this person did not really hire them, or if they did not really work for them, that would be fraud.
    I really don't see any immigration fraud,

While you are free to report it, I doubt it would even get a second look,

Oct 5, 2008, 08:26 AM

On the paper, he was hired as Kabob Chef, but he never cooked Kabob nor even that Deli served Kabob. He is basically doing kitchen work such as sandwitch wrap, pizza baking and delivery.

Oct 5, 2008, 08:28 AM
    75 percent of his job is delivery driver. And they are maintaining his fake payroll for kabob chef with $13.29/hr and his actual pay is $6.00 and tips.

Oct 7, 2008, 06:02 AM

75 percent of his job is delivery driver. And they are maintaining his fake payroll for kabob chef with $13.29/hr and his actual pay is $6.00 and tips.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by honeypromoinc View Post
    honeypromoinc

I'm sorry for butting in but I am trying to report a possible scam using amazon name could some one please help me I am first time in case you have'nt guessed

This should be moved - it's not an immigration question and won't be seen here.

What type of scam concerns you?

Quite frankly, in view of your other posts and questions I think I'd stay away from reporting anyone to Immigration right now.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by abodh View Post

So your argument is that they are reporting MORE than he makes, taxing him on MORE than he makes?

What's the purpose of this?
    Foomer Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 10:21 AM

Hi Abodh,

You get as much evidence as possible. Hearsay or 2nd party information is not enough.
    Go for SOLID proof. When you get this information, Send the all the information that you have along with a well written letter to the regional USCIS office, your local USCIS field office, USICE and all of your Congressional offices. You should have three representatives.

After this, follow up, give more evidence, and be patient.

JS.
    Foomer Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 10:23 AM

PS: If the green card is shown to have been received through fraud, it will be taken away, no matter what the alien's status is. USCIS has really been cracking down on immigration fraud of all types, even in a one or two person fraud.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reporting fraud [ 3 Answers ]

How Do We Report Immigration Fruads, Also How We Report Illigal Dhss Claims

Reporting fraud to immigration [ 5 Answers ]

A woman who use to be my friend has been sleeping with my husband. She has now kicked her husband out and moved mine into her house with her children. They are now threatening to take my infant son and have him live with them. She doesn't have her citizenship yet and needs to keep her husband...

Reporting immigration fraud [ 3 Answers ]

If you know of Immigration fraud that is going on in Cincinnati Ohio can anyone tell me with whom I would report it to? I have tried various numbers and they are either disconnected or only computer voiced. Thx

View more questions Search