Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeannag07 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 01:09 PM
    So Stressed!
    Hello Im 22yrs old housewife/stay at home mom.I need some advice on getting my 3yr son potty trained.I already bought the potty,pull ups,underwear,and I tried rewarding him with stickers or a prize for even at least trying but nothing yet he doesn't not want to go.It has been almost two months.I really need to advice or some stratagies to use.. thanx so much
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 9, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Apparently boys like peeing on cheerios for target practice.

You see I have 3 girls and only one boy so I've been asking around... I never thought "put cheerios in the toilet for him to aim at and shoot with his pee" would be 99% of the answers I got...

BTW I am not perfect at this potty training thing... I only ever had one kid potty trained by the age of three (oh man if they could have all been that easy to train! LOL)...

My current 3 year old refuses... though she knows what to do...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Try the target practice idea... you can also buy actual targets that can be placed at the bottom of the toilet bowl... but try not to stress over it too much if he isn't interested just yet. Plenty of children are not potty trained at three years old. It can be just a matter of a few more weeks or months for there to be a change.
    Trying for a couple of months lets you know he just isn't ready either physically or emotionally and you don't want potty training to become a battle of wills! When he is truly ready, it won't take long at all.
    Keep the potty chair around, let him see you use the toilet now and then, ask him once in awhile if he would like to try, maybe read him a story once in awhile while he sits on the toilet after a nap or before bedtime, offer to let him pick out big boy pants, praise any successes, etc. but keep it matter of fact. Neither one of you needs the pressure... :)
    wend75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2008, 06:35 AM
    What really helped with my son (he will be three next month) was peeing outside. He loves peeing on tires like the dogs or off the banister. When he would use his little potty, I would give him a potty candy. I let him pick out a candy at the store, and he knew he could only eat it if he used his potty. Does he have any older friends or cousins? I told my son his underwear were from his cousins and that he better not pee in their underwear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm so stressed out anyone that can help please do I could use it [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so the past school year I have been sooo stressed out me and my mom have been fighting a lot and like right now we are not talking. I have been missing my dad a lot lately. My boyfriend says some stuff that stresses me out and I'm always freaking out that he is leaving me and it kills me...

I'm very stressed. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, This is pari. I am very stessed now a days... I am married and my hubby loves me and take care of a lot. But a few days ago I came to know that he talks to some girl over th pone. I asked him about it but he denied, he said he never talked to any girl... but I have her no... and I'm pretty...

Very stressed [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently in college and I still have trouble with my math homework I get all the help I can still it isn't enough same with my science class. I was wondering does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm stressed out already [ 2 Answers ]

:( I'm stressed out already I'm tired of trying to please everyone in my family and in my relationship! I have recently dropped out of high school because I'm so depressed that I failed every single one of my classes know I just quite my job because I'm suppose to start watching my nephew I love...

Stressed out [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there I thought at 1 point I was pregnant but I wasn't I was just late but now I'm really stressed out!! I get pissed of easily and I crnt be arsed wi all that because I work a lot and see my friends and boyfriend does any 1 have any tips or advice would really help!ANy tips on chiilin...

View more questions Search