Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CTXSafari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 03:42 PM
    What is the formula for calculating manufacturing overhead?
    What is the formula for calculating manufacturing overhead in relation to direct labor and direct materials?
    gr8flfloyd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2008, 06:03 PM
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 10:57 PM

There are many formulas that can be applied.

I would suggest that these can be budgeted for before the event, possibly on past experience.

This is an example I just come across on one of the questions here.

Manufacturing overhead was applied at the rate of 150% of direct labor cost.
    kiks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 01:43 PM

Abel Company's manufacturing overhead is 20% of its total conversion costs. If direct labor is $38,000 and if direct materials are $47,000, the manufacturing overhead is:
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2009, 10:00 PM

Can you please start your own thread for your question. It just confuses use to have new questions tacked on other non-relevant threads.

Also please read the guidelines for posting homework problems, which is in red print at the top of the this forum. You should also post any attempts at solving the problem yourself first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manufacturing Overhead [ 1 Answers ]

I can't figure out how to calculate manufacturing overhead applied to production. The company has determined that each drive requires one casing and one circuit with costs of $10 and $25, respectively. In addition it requires 0.6 hours of labor to manufacture a single flash drive. The current lavor...

Manufacturing Overhead Cost [ 2 Answers ]

How can managers use accounting information to help control manufacturing overhead costs?

Manufacturing overhead [ 2 Answers ]

Need help on this question... explain how manufacturing overhead costs are accumulated and how they are assigned to products in a job order system

Manufacturing overhead [ 1 Answers ]

Company's manufacturing overhead is 20% of it's total conversion cost. If direct labor is $45,000 and direct materials are $53,000, the manufacturing overhead is? How do I figure this?

View more questions Search