Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrfeetman Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Why won't Air compressor start ?
    Hello guys , here is my problem , a few months ago I bought a small portable air compressor , a Dewalt with the little twin tanks which I used mainly with the nail gun that came along with it. Last week my 14yr old son decided he wanted to use it to inflate his bike tyre and it hasn't work since. I asked him if he had used an extension cord and he said yes , Wow! I am not certain but I think you are not suppose to do that with this type of compressor . So if something has happened as a result of using the cord, what could it possibly be and is there maybe a way I can reset this compressor ? At this moment if I plug it in and turn the swicth on it won't respond not even a slight hum ,Nothing at all. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated ,Thanks.:confused:
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 08:39 PM
    What pressure does gauge show. Using extension cord shouldn't hurt motor. Have you tried adjusting pressure regulating knobs?
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Sep 7, 2008, 07:58 AM
    I agree with Harold,a extension cord will not affect the comp.Sounds like a problem with the switch seeing has you get no reslts when its turned on,if you can take the switch out ,use a ohm meter to see if you have contanuity going threw the switch in the on position.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Have you checked to make sure the breaker to which you are plugging the compressor into has not tripped and that you have power to that outlet?
    mrfeetman Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 04:06 AM
    Thanks for all the help guys , I have check out all the suggestions and guess what , I found a tiny motor reset button (partially hidden) press it and it worked again , Thanks again guys.
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Sep 18, 2008, 04:28 AM
    Dhooooo,lol. Glad you got it going,ill remember this for next time this question comes up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saturn won't start, power locks won't work, radio resets itself. [ 4 Answers ]

My 99 Saturn has had some starting problems in the past. It would sometimes not start but if you let it sit from anywhere from 45 minutes to 24 hours, it would eventually start. Or, after having Dad look at it, we could tap the starter and it would work. So we thought it was the starter. I...

Ac compressor won't stay on {03 Blazer} [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 03 chevy blazer. When I turn on the ac the compressor sometimes kicks on sometimes it won't. But I can go under the hood and touch the front of the compressor and it will kick on every time but it cut off after I start driving. I was told it may be a bad clutch if it is can that be...

Ac condenser unit compressor won't turn on [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a problem I need help with. I just installed a condensing unit outside for my air. It was empty when I got it. No refridgerant. When I start the unit the fan and all comes on but the compressor does not. This is a duroguard 2.5 ton unit. I have tried to boost it and still no luck. The unit...

Blower won't come on when a/c compressor starts [ 1 Answers ]

When my t-stat calls for cooling the condenser/compressor starts but blower won't energize. I can flip the fan switch on the t-stat to manual on and the fan will run... Thoughts?

Kenmore he4 panel won't work and dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the circuit board/panel replaced once on my he4. I had only 2 weeks left on the warranty and figured it should be OK once it was fixed. They wanted another $200 to renew the warranty! Didn't have the $$ at the time. Anyway, the same darn thing is happening... you have to push the buttons...

View more questions Search