Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    njfkthis57 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Dating Service Stalker
    I was online with this great-looking man through a website and he was very good looking. We started chatting online and all of a sudden, after 3 days and maybe 3 hours of chatting, he was in love with me. I finally ended up and emailed him that this was too fast and that to fall in love, one must spend time to get to know one another. He wrote this nasty letter back saying I was a liar, a coward, the list goes on and on.
    To add to all this, his grammar was hideous and he said he was native america... yes I said america. I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else and I'm sure it was some sort of scam but he's still in my addresses and customizes his chat status as "gone to bed my love" and other. I am afraid of him. Is there any way I can get that particular picture up so that I can find out of anyone knows the man in the picture?
    I'll anxiously await your answers!
    Thanks
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 6, 2008, 05:27 PM
    I would report him to whatever dating service you're using. It's quite likely not even a pic of him! I hope you didn't tell him where you live?! I would block him immediately, and do what you can to report him. Save any emails you've gotten from him, and save whatever he has written to you on the site, and print it off in case you need it. He sounds like a real winner!

Sep 6, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    I would report him to whatever dating service you're using. It's quite likely not even a pic of him! I hope you didn't tell him where you live?!! I would block him immediately, and do what you can to report him. Save any emails you've gotten from him, and save whatever he has written to you on the site, and print it off in case you need it. He sounds like a real winner!
    I did report him and their answer was very dissatisfying. It was very COLD and ELECTRONIC. Yes, since I am so very lonely and when he said he wanted to send me something I did give him my address. Very ignorant move on my part... especially at my age. After thinking about it, after we "chatted" my name is right there and since he found me on a dating site he knows where I live. I did save all the emails and forwarded them to several of my friends and family.
    Do you know if there's a site where I can put up his picture and ask if anyone knows this man? Thanks for your response :)
    HeadsHigh Posts: 75, Reputation: 10

Sep 6, 2008, 05:43 PM
    I can put up his picture and ask if anyone knows this man?
    I don't see what you'd gain from this? Like starbuck said the picture being used might not even be the real him.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 6, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Yikes, you gave him your address? I really don't know what site you would use! I'll ask around and see if anyone else does. I really don't know what to tell you, other than be very careful! I sure hope he doesn't live anywhere near you. Just from the little that you've mentioned, he sounds like a real looney tune to me. I know what it's like to be stalked, and it can turn really ugly. Sorry, I don't mean to scare you, just be very careful about locking your doors and everything. I'll see what I can find out for you. I can't guarantee anything, but I'll give it a try.

I know you probably don't need me to tell you, but never ever ever ever... give out your address online to someone you really don't know. He could be a psycho, or worse!

You could try and Google his name for starters, just to see if you come up with anything.

Sep 6, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadsHigh
    I dont see what you'd gain from this? like starbuck said the picture being used might not even be the real him.
    I was just thinking that if someone said "oh, yeah this is me" then I'd know this guy was probably some sort of scammer i.e. money... whatever and I'd know that he wasn't insane in the membrane.

Sep 6, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    Yikes, you gave him your address? I really don't know what site you would use! I'll ask around and see if anyone else does. I really don't know what to tell you, other than be very careful! I sure hope he doesn't live anywhere near you. Just from the little that you've mentioned, he sounds like a real looney tune to me. I know what it's like to be stalked, and it can turn really ugly. Sorry, I don't mean to scare you, just be very careful about locking your doors and everything. I'll see what I can find out for you. I can't guarantee anything, but I'll give it a try.

I know you probably don't need me to tell you, but never ever ever ever....give out your address online to someone you really don't know. He could be a psycho, or worse!!

You could try and Google his name for starters, just to see if you come up with anything.
    I tried Google, peoplefinder, reverse lookup on white pages... even state simple case searches.
    Yeah, I know and I was very scared... not as much now because I live in a pretty secure area and my daughter's pitbull stays with me a lot LOL!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 6, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Pitbull, a good baseball bat, pepper spray... good to go! LOL! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stalker ex girlfriend [ 23 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first post here. I'd like to keep it as brief as I can, but I really could use some advice, so I'm sorry for the length. I was with my ex for about 3 years. Since the beginning she always felt insecure and was constantly accusing me of finding her unattractive and wanting to be...

Why won't he let me say anything to his stalker ex? [ 7 Answers ]

I met my boyfriend a while ago threw friends but he lived in Texas and I lived in Missouri. We talked for a few months before he moved up here and we got serouis. When we started talking he was fresh out of a relationship. But now were in love and I see a long term relationship for us. The only...

Stalker [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to get a private number that keeps calling your cell phone?

Looking for help to stop a stalker... [ 11 Answers ]

I am a hairdresser in a big city, and a few days ago I just got out of a long term relationship with someone I deeply loved. I was hurt, and lonely... when I met a man as a customer in my salon. I KNOW I should have known better, as I have never gone out with a client in the past, but something...

View more questions Search