Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lcly21 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Vagina bump!
    I have a small bump on the outer part of my vagina. It is soft and small, white in colour. It doesn't irritate me and it is not itchy. I am only 20 this yr and I am still a virgin. Besides, my discharge is light yellow, thick and it smells but the smell is not too bad. I'm very worried, anyone help me!! What's the small bump and am I normal?? :(
    lmangileri Posts: 211, Reputation: 11

Sep 5, 2008, 09:02 PM
    I don't know what the white bump is, but you might want to find out if you have a yeast infection if you have discharge like that.
    fireandice2007 Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Sep 5, 2008, 11:01 PM
    The bump could be a couple things. I would recommend going to see and OB/GYN. Find out what is going on with your body and if you need to, get treatment. FYI - it is possible to get some STDs even though you are a virgin... be sure to tell your doctor all your symptoms and follow up with any lab tests he orders so that you can be properly diagnosed...
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Sep 6, 2008, 10:26 AM
    It could be an ingrown hair, cyst or a zit as well... can't be an STD unless you have had sexual encounters making contact but not actually having intercourse. Sometimes contact is enough so I agree with Fire & Ice to go the doctor... again its probably just an ingrown hair or zit.

Sep 6, 2008, 11:12 AM
    It could be an std. I'm not in any way saying that it is but hpv is associated with warts and you don't have to have sex to get it. Warts can be spread by skin contact.

Sep 6, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Yes Imangileri said it for me, I wasn't sure that I should say that... hehe, but only contact is necessary and that is it... you are infected. Could be a possibility and if it is HPV you need to get vaccine and get a gyno to look at it... it can develop to ovarian cancer once the infection meets and passes through the cervix. It does cause discharge (sometimes in large amounts) and it can form a wart on the exterior of the vagina or on your cervix. Its basically a mean cell that duplicates and manipulates your other cells causing the spread.
    fireandice2007 Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Sep 6, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxaprilwine
    Yes Imangileri said it for me, I wasn't sure that I should say that...hehe, but only contact is necessary and that is it...you are infected. Could be a possibility and if it is HPV you need to get vaccine and get a gyno to look at it...it can develop to ovarian cancer once the infection meets and passes through the cervix. It does cause discharge (sometimes in large amounts) and it can form a wart on the exterior of the vagina or on your cervix. Its basically a mean cell that duplicates and manipulates your other cells causing the spread.

I am sorry but I have to clarify this. Only some forms of HPV will turn to cervical, not ovarian, cancer. It does not always turn to cancer. Once you have the virus, you CAN NOT have the vaccine, as it won't help, since the virus is in your system already. (much like the cold sore viruses, this is one that will remain in your system for life). I speak from personal experience. I have the HPV virus and mine actually turned pre-cancerous. Through my treatment, we have gotten rid of the precancerous cells, but the virus is still in my system so I have to make sure to follow up with any and all of my appointments as it can create more cells if they get infected with the dormant virus. I did ask about the vaccine and my doc refused, stating that it would do no good.

Be sure to go get tested. If it is not HPV, I would recommend getting the vaccine right away. If it is, the treatments are not the most pleasant thing in the world, but are well worth it to get rid of something that could cause cancer. If it does turn out to be HPV, just remember there are people out there to help you get through it!

Sep 6, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Even if it is hpv you can still get the vaccine because there are 4 types of high risk hpv. You might only have one and if you get the vaccine you won't get the other 3. I'm not saying there are only 4 types but my doctor informed of the 4 that are. If you find out that you do have hpv, there are many procedures that can be done to remove the cells. Don't worry though. Hpv is kind of like chicken pox in that once you get it your body is immune to it and you don't typically have the cells come back.

Sep 6, 2008, 04:28 PM
    No that's right cervical NOT ovarian its important to ensure we are giving accurate responses (sorry). Fire & Ice the reason why you didn't get the vaccine is because you got the stage 3 of the infection... at that point its hopeless to give you the needle. But in absent or early developments they generally do administer the needle. LEEP procedures are probably the most common that is of course if it gets to stage two/three and you have it on your cervix. If treated early it will not develop to stage three guaranteed. With all the discharge she has indicted it sounds like viral 2 and there is a possible wart... then again it could be a really bad yeast infection? (I tend to be a pessimist and look at the worst case scenario) Whatever the case go to the doctor!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a bump on my vagina and I want to know what it is [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I need to know what is wrong with me, I have a big red bump on my vagina lip and I just got it, I don't have any idea what it is, I'm scared to go to a doctor and I have tried to put medications on it. Nothing has worked and I don't know what to do. This thing is a huge red bump... like a...

Bump on my vagina [ 3 Answers ]

I have this bump on the left side of my vagina, last time I checked it out, it was swollen and I feel a big lump by the opening of my vagina, but it's not inside of it. It's not a small bump, the whole left side of my vagina is swollen and it's red on the side closest to my vagina opening. It's...

Bump on my Vagina [ 3 Answers ]

I have this bump on my vagina. It feels like a bruse because when I touch it, it hurts. When I get out the shower white stuff comes out. Can any one help? :(

Bump on outside of vagina [ 4 Answers ]

I've looked through a bunch of pages. Let me start by telling you that my body has been through a lot of stress lately. I was diagnosed with genital herpes almost 3 years ago, and have only been having 1 or 2 Outbreaks a year. Over Christmas, I had an outbreak, took medicine and it cleared...

Bump on vagina [ 3 Answers ]

I recently just discovered that I have one bump on the outside of my vagina. I'm freaking out because I don't know what it is? Is it just a pimple? Can it be caused from someone fingering you? Is it an std? Cancer? Please respond!

View more questions Search