Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebelron6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 03:53 AM
    Is it illegal to date a 17 year old when I just turned 21
    I really like this girl and she's 17, she likes me and I like her but the only problem is I don't know if its legal, I just turned 21 and I live in the state of PA
    seugess Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 05:48 AM
    Absolutely YES
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 05:57 AM
    There is no "dating" laws, there are laws about having sex with minors and the age of consent is different in various states, here in Georgia it is 18, *** can't tell you your state at the moment, lost all my bookmarks yesterday
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 3, 2008, 06:10 AM
    In Pennsylvania it does not appear that it is illegal. You can check it out on this website. A table of worldwide ages of consent, including US states

Now, do her parents approve?

Dating in and of itself is never illegal, it is the sexual activity, including kissing, that is considered legal or illegal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it illegal for a 15 y/o to date a 19 year old without sexual activity? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 years old turning 16 in three months. I met this guy who just turned 19. I have no intent of any sexual activity until I am married. My uncle and aunt have known him for a few years and they love the guy. They invited him over their house to talk to me. Mind you these people are...

I fell in love with a 14 yr old boy and I'm 19 yrs old, is it illegal for us to date? [ 15 Answers ]

Hey, Me and my boyfriend just met 2 months ago, and we fell in love with each other. I am a guy as well, his dad recently found out his son's sexuality and isn't too happy with it so my boyfriend has to attend therapy with a counselor to basically turn him straight. His dad doesn't want us...

Is it illegal for a 13 yr old to date an 18 yr old? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 13 and interested in this guy who's 18. This guy is also interested in me. We both feel the same way about sex (not having it) and I know he means this because I met him through my cousin and we've been hanging out for about a year. I think the relationship is only illegal if were sexually...

Is it illegal for an 18 year old to date a 13 year old? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in a situation which I am stuck in... I like this 18 year old boy, but I'm not sure if it illegal for him to date me... is it illegal in california? And I also want to know what is the age limit in order for it to be illegal... (like an 18 year old dating a 17 or younger) in california ...

Is it illegal to date someone underage? [ 8 Answers ]

If one person is twenty two and the other person is turning seventeen soon and they do not have sex and won't be having sex or anything like that? And the mother of the younger person approves.

View more questions Search