Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockchick182 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Ankle dislocation
    When I as little I use to run about a lot, and I have 3 times dislocated my right ankle. It has never broken but I couldn't walk on it for a couple of weeks. I did the same again about a month or two ago, I was walking out of a shop and my ankle just gave and I fell off the ste, I thought I had broken it, so my dad took me to hospital to have an X-ray, luckily it wasn't broken. My leg was swollen for 3 weeks and I couldn't go to school. I'm very active and I run everyday for about an hour. However the doctor said that if I keep running there is a chance that I might loose all the feeling in my ankle if it dislicates again, he said to stop running unless the occasion calls for it, but I have been running everyday and my ankle feels fine. Should I listen to the doctor??
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Yes you should listen to the doctor, he is a professional and knows his job.

You obviously have some kind of weekness there, maybe you should ask if there is anything that can be done to strengthen your ankle, the doctor may suggest a period of physiotherapy, I would go back to your doctor and make some enquiries.
    k10enny Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2011, 12:12 PM
    I think you have excess in your ankle because its just like when you put too much pressure on your knnes your ligements are being pressure then they get thin because you used them too much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ankle Monitor [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: How long can u been on ankle monitor for a small crime like breaking probation

Is my ankle bruised or not? [ 3 Answers ]

OK, let me get the embarrassing bit over first... about 1 and a half months ago I fell in a ditch because I was laughing at my friend so much (she was being stupid when we where walking home from school and she made me laugh ALOT) that I wasn't watching where I was going and fell... I a ditch...

Ankle Monitor [ 2 Answers ]

I get of Ankle next Tuesday, if they don't come do I just cut it off? Or what's the deal?

Injured Ankle [ 4 Answers ]

I injured my ankle a month ago in my ice skating show. My blade got caught and I fell. I was fine but then, my ankle was swollen for about 3 weeks. So, I thought I sprained or just twisted my ankle. ( I didn't see a doctor) It went away and started to heal. But then, somehow it must've gotten hurt...

View more questions Search