Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Aug 31, 2008, 06:27 AM
    Boy 16, dating 11 year old girl. Is that OK?
    Is it OK for a teenage boy, 16, to date an 11 year old girl? What is the consensus...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 07:00 AM
    First any parent of the 11 year old child should not be allowing them to be on real dates with a 16 year old.

Most likely the 16 year old ending up being locked up in Juv hall comes to mind to me. Assuming the father of the 11 year old girl does not kill the 16 year old.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetDee
    Is it ok for a teenage boy, 16, to date an 11 year old girl? What is the consensus...

Where in the world is the mother of the 11 year old?

There is already a thread on this and you have answered the question.

Why the new thread?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Is the 11 year old girl yours? Is this the one who is being bullied?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...tt-254954.html

Aug 31, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Just yes or no answers would be good. I wanted to collect them quickly so I don't have to read... I know a thread was written... already. It's just that I need a quick yes or no for a personal consensus.

... Just to get a good idea of what type of people we have on this site.

(the thread was originated by some kid that's 11... not my 16 year old daughter, J_9)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 10:48 AM
    I'd go with no. There really isn't a good reason for them to be together. They're mismatched on all levels... physically, emotionally, and mentally.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Just yes or no answers would be good. I wanted to collect them quickly so I don't have to read... I know a thread was written...already. It's just that I need a quick yes or no for a personal concensus.

...Just to get a good idea of what type of people we have on this site.

(the thread was originated by some kid that's 11...not my 16 year old daughter, J_9)

"Just to get a good idea of what type of people we have on this site?" What?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 11:21 AM
    From your last post you are in Canada
    Bill C-278 made the age of consent 16 from the former 14
    A 16 year old can be friends with an 11 year old but can not have sexual relations with them.

Also once a person turns 18 they can not be with anybody under 16 sexually so once again they would not be able to have sexual relations.

So yes or no from a personal consensus doesn't cut it where the law is applied

A personal yes or no if they should be dating would depend on their maturity levels and what they have in common.
    Then even then they can go into a relationship and vow they will wait but then their emotions and hormones often take over.
    I can easily say that many people of the same age should not be dating for whatever reasons.
    Luvscats11 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Is it ok for a teenage boy, 16, to date an 11 year old girl? What is the consensus...
    Um... I would say no. I think if they're eleven, they should justy keep it tpo a crush ,
    Hope it helps,
    Kristine :)
    goldenlox101 Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

Aug 31, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Well age just is another number. Do whatever the heart tells you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 03:01 PM
    well age just is another number. Do whatever the heart tells you.
    Do whatever yo mama tells you!!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Dating at 11? Really?

A 16 year old is much older that an 11 year old, and I'm not talking about the 5 year age difference. At 16 you have a very different outlook on life than you do at 11. It's morally and legally wrong. At 25 and 30 no big deal, but 11 and 16, huge!

Really people, I'm taking my kids and moving to the woods, this is a scary world. Aren't 11 year olds supposed to be playing with dolls and toy cars, not dating. Heck, are they even supposed to be interested in the opposite sex, or sex period at 11?

I'm afraid. :(

Sep 1, 2008, 05:39 AM
    This is WHY I wanted to get the consensus here... I'm, after all bearing my soul lately on this site. If the morals are off then I'd like to know and be weary of advice I take, to be honest. Also, it's an interesting offering for you all...

The province I live in, even though it is in the country of Canada is still not listed as a country "sovereign" with Canada. (Can you guess which province? Trust me, if you were Canadian you'd already have the answer!).

Our politics here do not have enough protection in place for children. Often we are left with taking matters into our own hands. How many people here would allow someone to totally destroy their child's life, without helping them? What kind of parent does that? I would move but our jobs don't allow for that... unfortunately.

An 11 year old child dating a 16 year old is a good moralistic question. A personal consensus DOES cut it nohelp4u, especially where the law is sketchy. Plus, the word PERSONAL should give you a heads up on what I need it for.

I think we will all get a very clear picture on the moral status of our "players" here on AskMe.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 1, 2008, 05:46 AM
    I'm going to close this question because I find it unnecessary, superfluous and a bit insulting.

If you read the other thread that asked the same question, you would have gotten your consensus. If you glance through the various threads that are discussed dating ages, age gaps and more, you would have gotten your consensus. There was no need to post this again.

I can vouch that this site as always taken the legal and ethical path in answering questions. Answers that advocate illegal or unethical actiivites are quickly dealt with as appropriate.

Question Closed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

I like a girl but she is dating my best friend [ 4 Answers ]

I like this girl and I have dated her 2 years ago and it didn't really work out. Since then I have gotten really close to her. Me and her have gotten to be the best of friends, but my best guy friend is dating her and I don't want to break them up. I really like her but what should I do.

The girl I like is now dating my friend [ 10 Answers ]

I really like this girl, actually love, who is a good friend of mine. The only problem is that another friend of mine (who I introduced) has started going out with her recently. They started going out after I had already told my friend that I really liked this girl, which really pisses me off. ...

17 yer old boy 14 year old girl dating? [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I'm a 17 year old male turing 18 in three months and I'm dating a 14 year old freshmen girl turning 15 in 2 months, I was wondering weather an intamate relationship is out of the questions? For example kissing, holding hands the works I understand the age of consent in Washington is 16 and...

Is dating a girl wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have always been the crazy type to try everything at least once I have been with girls before but nothing serious. I currently have two kids and have been in bad relationships nothing abusive but just not happy ones. Lately I have really been thinking about this girl I know or just...

View more questions Search