Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slc258 Posts: 68, Reputation: 3

Aug 28, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Plum pudding --yes no joke
    Yes , I'm really asking about plum pudding. I am planning on bringing back a dubious family christmas tradition that had been stopped when my grandmother died about 13 years ago.

I have the recipe, but have a question about baking technique... I see I can buy a pudding mold, but do I just put that mold in a big pot (like a pasta pot) of boiling/simmering water? For how long is it recommended to cook? Some recipes talk about a "rack" in the bottom of the pot to set the mold... where can I get this rack?:confused:

Any suggestions, even if you have done it a different way... thank you
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

Sep 2, 2008, 12:32 AM
    I remember my mother making this, she used a kind of mold, but I guess it was really just a big white pudding dish, then she covered it with 2 pieces of greased baking paper and steamed it for about 6 hours, on christmas morning it was steamed again for about 2 hours or more!
    The steaming was done in a very big saucepan, watched very carefully so the water didn't dry up. Maybe you could speed up the process and do it in a pressure cooker? Good luck :)
    melloboi23 Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Your family member was right it was originally wrapped in linnen and placed in simmering water. You could use a clean pillowcase for this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for yorkshire pudding recipe [ 2 Answers ]

My grandmother and greatgrandmother were both from England, and yorkshire pudding was a specialty of theirs. However, there is no "recipe". It's just a little of this and some of that. I would love to make the yorkshire puddings for my own family - does anyone have any good recipes for this...

Pudding poops [ 10 Answers ]

My GSD pup heidi is now 4 1/2 months old and she has pudding poops. We took her to the vet and he has taken a couple samples of her stool and nothing shows up as being wrong so he gave me metronidazole to give her at 250mg 3x a day. My questions are is this safe? Does the dosage seem right? (Heidi...

Pudding pops? [ 13 Answers ]

OK I know this is silly, but humor me for a few minutes... I NEED to find pudding pops... you know those fancy little ice cream delicacies they used to serve as a treat in the cafeteria... the chocolaty/vanilla swirled goodness that melted in your mouth... Does anyone know where you can find...

Lemon layer pudding [ 2 Answers ]

I just had to share this with you guys ben bought lemons last week for no apparent reason and I couldn't think what to do with them until this afternoon when I was thinking about my nanna and what she would do and bam lemon layer pudding I'm drooling at the thought of it and will be making a batch...

How do you plum in a washer [ 1 Answers ]

I've just had a washer delivered and haven't got a clue what todo. (am a woman) the old ones still pluged in but am not sure how to turn of the water supply, because I've just tried taking out the red pipe and it was shooting out water, so I've scrued it backin for now, and now there's the new...

View more questions Search