Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgrego13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 05:30 AM
    What kind of adhesive to use for Marble backsplash?
    I have a marble backsplash that came separate from my bathroom vanity. I have to put the marble backsplash in place. Should I just use an adhesive to do this? What kind of adhesive? I have a Polyurethane Premium Construction Adhesive tube at home already. Can I use this? But it doesn't say it is for marble. It only says it is for construction joints, wood, metal, OSB, drywall, vinyls, stone, concrete, masonry, plastic, bridks, foam, and sub floor. Will I still be able to use this on my marble vanity? Also, what kind of caulking should I use? Is there a specific kind?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Liquid Nails makes an adhesive rated for marble. Liquid NailsŪ - Marble & Granite and Solid Surface Materials Adhesive (LN-933) Are you positive it is real marble and not a sythetic or granite? Marble is more porous than most folks know and can allow some adhesives to bleed through, especially petroleum based adhesives. Silicone should work too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backsplash tile [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going to be adding backsplash tile. I will be using "pencils" as the first course from the countertop up. Can I just silicone the bottom of the "pencils" to the counter top to prevent water from going under them or do I still have to grout them to the CT? Please advise. Thanks, John

How to install 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Vanity Backsplash [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new 72 inch long Marble vanity in my bathroom. It came with a 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Backsplash. How do I install this backsplash? Do I just put an adhesive behind it? What about the gaps? How do I fill the gap of the top of the backsplash where it hits the...

Corian backsplash [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know what tool I should use to cut a corian backsplash. I am replacing the backsplash with ceramic tile ,but I need to make a cut in it at the serving counter backsplash which I will be leaving. Don't know what type of tool to use so I don't damage the corian countertop

What adhesive for cultured marble bath trim? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to mount a piece of trim to "finish" the tub - skirt join. All pieces are cultured marble. What should I use for adhesive? Thanks in advance.

Marble tile adhesive won't dry. [ 7 Answers ]

I have laid 12x12 marble tile in my foyer. I laid it on Saturday morning and now it is Monday morning and its still not set. It is on top of subfloor with a layer of this felt/plastic composite underlayment. I'm wondering if it won't dry because its by the front door and its cooler there or I did...

View more questions Search