Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adis78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Washing machine discharge pipe.
    Hello,

I have a problem where it seems like my washing machine discharge pipe is collaged. I snaked the main pipe with a 40 foot snake. Every thing else in the house works fine. The shower the kitchen sink the toilets avery thing is fine. Only when the washing machine discharges the water comes right back up the pipe. My washing machine discharge pipe is coming from the floor not from the wall. I don't know if any one can help me, but it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Adis78
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Are you an a municipal sewer system or a septic system. Are you certain that the washer pipe is connected to the sewer pipe and does not drain some where else?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 08:26 PM
    How large is that stand pipe and what size pipe does the stand pipe drain to? Current code require the stand pipe to be 2" and the drain to be at least a 3" pipe. The 2009 code will require the stand pipe to be 3" You can create a hard, water tight connection to the stand pipe that will help to eliminate the problem. Is the PVC or galvanized?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine discharge, standpipe [ 14 Answers ]

Last week our washing machine drain overflowed. The plumber tried to snake it out, but the problem only became worse (i.e. no flow at all any more). He opened up the drywall and discovered a very corroded cast iron pipe going horizontally from the standpipe via a trap to a T at a vertical pipe...

Washing machine discharge goes into sink [ 12 Answers ]

I live in a raised ranch. The toilet and shower are backed up to the laundry room. The sink and the washer use the same discharge pipe. When the washer drains, the water backflows into the sink and out onto the bathroom floor. The plumber has been here twice and installed a vent in the pipe but it...

Washing machine discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I recently insatlled a new utility sink, my washing machine discharges into the sink, when it discharges it splashes all over the floor, is there anything I can attach to the discharge hose to prevent the splashing? Thanks jimezze

New washing machine discharge standpipe [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm putting in a new washing machine tomorrow, and would like to ask how much higher should the standpipe be? I am including a link with 2 pictures of how it is presently.(I have moved the electrical receptacle). In the picture, the distance from the top of the standpipe to the bottom of the...

Washing machine discharge volume [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning. I have a septic tank under the slab of my house. Occasionally, the tank becomes full (I pulled the downstairs toilet once, and the water level in the 3" pipe was at floor level). This happens only when there are many people in the house and laundry is being done. After a day or...

View more questions Search