Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tabatha61880 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 24, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Could you tell me if these are correct?
    1. It takes someone with a really big heart to give to our charity, and you seem like someone who cares more than most.
    answer: Apple Polishing

2. On a radio ad: “Have you been fatigued, irritable, moody? If these symptoms are ignored, you might become depressed or even suicidal! Ward off the blues by taking a pill proven to cheer you up. Millions of people have, and they’re glad they did!”
    Answer: Argument from outrage
    3. From a study group member: “I just don’t get it. One minute she says she’s coming, and then the next, she calls to cancel. I wonder if we can trust that the articles she submitted are what we need!”
    Answer: Group think
    4. You’re going out with Carron? Well, she’s a nice person, but I hear her last relationship was a wreck! I’d be careful if I were you.
    answer: poisoning the well
    5. About an already-attractive home interior: “I don’t know why we started this home renovation if we’re only doing two of the rooms. Either way, it won’t look right unless we redo the entire house.”
    answer" perfectionist fallacy
    6. Stomachache or not, how could you not eat your dinner after I spent all that time making it!
    answer: guilt trip
    7. I don’t care if she is the top psychiatrist in the state! Her theory on sibling rivalry is extreme. How can we believe anything she says if she subscribes to theories of that nature?
    answer: ad hominem
    8. From one politician about another: “He’s a two-faced, liberal, anti-family, anti-values idealist!”
    answer: straw man
    9. My friend, who goes to college in another state, said girls from that sorority are mean. That girl we just met, Tracy, is from the same sorority, so I don’t trust her.
    answer: scare tactics
    10. From a teenager confronted by his parent about breaking curfew: “Why do we have to keep harping on this curfew thing? Let’s talk about that A grade I’m getting in algebra.”
    answer: argument from popularity
    11. From one mom to another: “I can’t believe Shelia lets her kids watch that garbage! I always knew she wasn’t very strict. Now our kids will be over there watching that junk, too!”
    answer : inconsisitenscy ad hominem
    12. From a conspiracy theorist: “Come on, everyone knows that the government has lied to us in the past. This case isn’t any different.”
    answer: red herring/smokescreen
    13. If it weren’t for the president’s environmental policy, we wouldn’t be dealing with these environmental catastrophes.

ansswer: post hoc

14. It’s disgraceful that a member of the Elks Lodge would go out to fast food restaurants every night. The Elks believe in family values, including home-cooked meals.
    answer: hasty genaralizing
    15. Sure, I’ve heard that it’s better to not eat cheeseburgers every day, but it’s extra protein and protein is good for you.

answer: wishful thinking
    BlakeCory Posts: 236, Reputation: 21

Aug 24, 2008, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabatha61880
    13. If it weren’t for the president’s environmental policy, we wouldn’t be dealing with these environmental catastrophes.

ansswer: post hoc
    The answer is: Answer only has 1 "s"

If I'm not mistaken posting howework is frowned upon.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeCory
    You are correct BC, however, this person at least attempted to do his/her homework. We can assist with homework, but we can't do it for them.

Aug 24, 2008, 07:32 PM
    1. It takes someone with a really big heart to give to our charity, and you seem like someone who cares more than most.
    answer: Apple Polishing Right

2. On a radio ad: “Have you been fatigued, irritable, moody? If these symptoms are ignored, you might become depressed or even suicidal! Ward off the blues by taking a pill proven to cheer you up. Millions of people have, and they're glad they did!”
    Answer: Argument from outrage Maybe

3. From a study group member: “I just don't get it. One minute she says she's coming, and then the next, she calls to cancel. I wonder if we can trust that the articles she submitted are what we need!”
    Answer: Group think I don't think so, Groupthink is a type of thought exhibited by group members who try to minimize conflict and reach consensus without critically testing, analyzing, ...

4. You're going out with Carron? Well, she's a nice person, but I hear her last relationship was a wreck! I'd be careful if I were you.
    answer: poisoning the well I don't think so, poisoning the well is logical fallacy where adverse information about a target is pre-emptively presented to an audience

5. About an already-attractive home interior: “I don't know why we started this home renovation if we're only doing two of the rooms. Either way, it won't look right unless we redo the entire house.”
    answer" perfectionist fallacy Right

6. Stomachache or not, how could you not eat your dinner after I spent all that time making it!
    answer: guilt trip Right

7. I don't care if she is the top psychiatrist in the state! Her theory on sibling rivalry is extreme. How can we believe anything she says if she subscribes to theories of that nature?
    answer: ad hominem Right

8. From one politician about another: “He's a two-faced, liberal, anti-family, anti-values idealist!”
    answer: straw man Right

9. My friend, who goes to college in another state, said girls from that sorority are mean. That girl we just met, Tracy, is from the same sorority, so I don't trust her.
    answer: scare tactics hmmm, not completely

10. From a teenager confronted by his parent about breaking curfew: “Why do we have to keep harping on this curfew thing? Let's talk about that A grade I'm getting in algebra.”
    answer: argument from popularity No, argument from popularity is an informal logical fallacy where an individual claims that a proposition is true because it is or has been widely believed.

11. From one mom to another: “I can't believe Shelia lets her kids watch that garbage! I always knew she wasn't very strict. Now our kids will be over there watching that junk, too!”
    answer : inconsisitenscy ad hominem Right

12. From a conspiracy theorist: “Come on, everyone knows that the government has lied to us in the past. This case isn't any different.”
    answer: red herring/smokescreen Maybe

13. If it weren't for the president's environmental policy, we wouldn't be dealing with these environmental catastrophes.

answer: post hoc Right

14. It's disgraceful that a member of the Elks Lodge would go out to fast food restaurants every night. The Elks believe in family values, including home-cooked meals.
    answer: hasty generalizing Right

15. Sure, I've heard that it's better to not eat cheeseburgers every day, but it's extra protein and protein is good for you.

answer: wishful thinking right

These are my thought in blue, but remember to think for yourself!

Aug 24, 2008, 08:32 PM
    The answer is: Answer only has 1 "s"

Yea I know how to spell. Obviously I made it to college. I don't think I would have made it that far with spelling errors such as that TYPO but thanks anyway for pointing out my keyboard mistake.

Aug 24, 2008, 08:33 PM
    answer: Apple Polishing Right

2. On a radio ad: “Have you been fatigued, irritable, moody? If these symptoms are ignored, you might become depressed or even suicidal! Ward off the blues by taking a pill proven to cheer you up. Millions of people have, and they’re glad they did!”
    Answer: Argument from outrage Maybe

3. From a study group member: “I just don’t get it. One minute she says she’s coming, and then the next, she calls to cancel. I wonder if we can trust that the articles she submitted are what we need!”
    Answer: Group think I don't think so, Groupthink is a type of thought exhibited by group members who try to minimize conflict and reach consensus without critically testing, analyzing, ...

4. You’re going out with Carron? Well, she’s a nice person, but I hear her last relationship was a wreck! I’d be careful if I were you.
    answer: poisoning the well I don't think so, poisoning the well is logical fallacy where adverse information about a target is pre-emptively presented to an audience

5. About an already-attractive home interior: “I don’t know why we started this home renovation if we’re only doing two of the rooms. Either way, it won’t look right unless we redo the entire house.”
    answer" perfectionist fallacy Right

answer: guilt trip Right

7. I don’t care if she is the top psychiatrist in the state! Her theory on sibling rivalry is extreme. How can we believe anything she says if she subscribes to theories of that nature?
    answer: ad hominem Right

8. From one politician about another: “He’s a two-faced, liberal, anti-family, anti-values idealist!”
    answer: straw man Right

9. My friend, who goes to college in another state, said girls from that sorority are mean. That girl we just met, Tracy, is from the same sorority, so I don’t trust her.
    answer: scare tactics hmmm, not completely

10. From a teenager confronted by his parent about breaking curfew: “Why do we have to keep harping on this curfew thing? Let’s talk about that A grade I’m getting in algebra.”
    answer: argument from popularity No, argument from popularity is an informal logical fallacy where an individual claims that a proposition is true because it is or has been widely believed.

11. From one mom to another: “I can’t believe Shelia lets her kids watch that garbage! I always knew she wasn’t very strict. Now our kids will be over there watching that junk, too!”
    answer : inconsisitenscy ad hominem Right

12. From a conspiracy theorist: “Come on, everyone knows that the government has lied to us in the past. This case isn’t any different.”
    answer: red herring/smokescreen Maybe

answer: post hoc Right

14. It’s disgraceful that a member of the Elks Lodge would go out to fast food restaurants every night. The Elks believe in family values, including home-cooked meals.
    answer: hasty generalizing Right

15. Sure, I’ve heard that it’s better to not eat cheeseburgers every day, but it’s extra protein and protein is good for you.

answer: wishful thinking right

These are my thought in blue, but remember to think for yourself!
    Thanks a million. You were a great help.

Aug 25, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabatha61880
    Thanks a million. You were a great help.
    It was wy pleasure, good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

Is this correct? [ 6 Answers ]

I am pretty sure my answer was right but the online test said that it is wrong. The amount of energy stored in a plant through photosynthesis could be estimated best by A) taking the mass of the plant before and after B) taking the mass of the water consumed by the plant C) determining...

If the correct answer is May cgs, $15,500 how is the answer correct need to see work [ 1 Answers ]

P23-A The budget committee of Vinning office supply Co. Has assembled the following data. As the business manager, you must prepare the budgeted income statements for May and Jun 2006. A. Sales in April were $42,100.. You forecast that monthly sales will increase 2.0% in May and 2.4% in June.

What is the correct way? [ 2 Answers ]

My parenst own their house and want to put my name on the trust. However, I'm married but my parents do not want my husband to have his name on it. What is the correct ways of doing this? Nikki

View more questions Search