Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avaanstar Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Aug 24, 2008, 06:07 PM
    When I like a boy.
    Whenever I like a boy, I get scared and I avoid him. Something else I will do is I will become insecure and I will constantly look in the mirror to see if I look good around him. If I think I look ugly, I'll avoid the guy.

I'm sixteen and I really need to get over this if I ever want to get a boyfriend.
    I need to stop being insecure and I need to become more comfortable with boys.

But how?
    IDontKnowMe Posts: 19, Reputation: 5

Aug 24, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Instead of constantly worrying about your looks around the boy you like, try distracting yourself from thinking of your appearance too much by getting into a conversation with him.
    If you are busy flirting and getting to know him while you are around each other then he is much more likely to like you, and you won't be thinking about your looks so much either
    ShaydeN Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Aug 25, 2008, 01:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by avaanstar
    Whenever i like a boy, i get scared and i avoid him. Something else i will do is I will become insecure and i will constantly look in the mirror to see if i look good around him. if i think i look ugly, i'll avoid the guy.

I'm sixteen and i really need to get over this if i ever want to get a boyfriend.
    I need to stop being insecure and i need to become more comfortable with boys.

But how?
    do yo uhave any guy friends? If you do... then if you like a guy... just pretend there one of your friends... :) just keep thinking that he is one of your friends that I snew =D an dthat you Don't lik ehim... :)
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by avaanstar
    Whenever I like a boy, I get scared and I avoid him.
    No, you start thinking of yourself. You start thinking about how liking him affects you. Relationships are supposed to be thinking about the other person.
    Something else I will do is I will become insecure and I will constantly look in the mirror to see if I look good around him. If I think I look ugly, I'll avoid the guy.
    See, you ARE thinking about yourself. This means you will never be happy. No one can stare at themselves or make themselves (or their looks) the center of focus and find any peace at all. We are always too critical of ourselves. It wouldn't matter if you were super-model quality, you'd still find fault.

Worse, even if you were super-model quality and you didn't find fault with yourself, because you'd still be thinking of yourself. Who wants to hang around that? Maybe some pretty shallow guys, I don't know.
    I'm sixteen and I really need to get over this if I ever want to get a boyfriend.
    I need to stop being insecure and I need to become more comfortable with boys. But how?
    Exactly right. Good for you.

And the "exactly how" is the same answer you get from me over and over. When you are interested in someone, you act interested in THEM. That includes in your mind.

Put on your grungiest clothes, forget the makeup, don't do your hair perfectly, go completely natural... and go talk to him. When you can do that, you are on your way, baby.
    lillycook1991 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Instead of worrying about what you look like, think about the possitive things about yourself, try and make conversation with him and to boust your confidents try and get him to compliment you on something

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sigh probability [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there This question may seem simple but I'm use to doing difficult questions but how would you reprsent this question as a tree diagram: A box containts two white balls, two red balls, one black ball and one green ball. One ball is randomly withdrawn then replaced and another withdrawn, and...

'Big Sigh' if only I'd had the same idea all those years ago [ 2 Answers ]

A father passing by his son's bedroom was astonished to see that his bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow that was addressed to "Dad." With the worst premonition he opened the envelope with trembling hands and read the...

I hate student apartments. Sigh. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys. Thank you for taking your time in order to help me. Well this is my story... I'm 20 year old student attending the University of Arizona. I lived in a student housing apartment for about 13 months. During winter break, my place was robbed and vandalized (In addition, the company was...

Puppies... *sigh*... Just a pretty face [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all! We need help. We got a puppy half teacup yorkie half shih tzu, she's about 4 months old... should she be house trained by now? Because she's not... At all. We live in an apartment, so we can't really take her out on grass, but we let her out on the balcony and hope she does her...

SIGH why should I even have a bank? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been working for years I am 20 but I can't seem to save any money every time I put money in the bank my bills seem to suck it back out it feels almost like my bank is a big safe "wallet" how can I get out of this way of life work to be broke is this the fate of just me or do other people feel...

View more questions Search