Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    novembersky Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Bumps on vagina
    I'm really scared that it could be an std but I have no clue. I have 2 flesh colored bumps on my vagina. My boyfriend has more than me on his penis. Does anyone have any advice or out put on what you think it is? Please help. Thank you so much.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Can be genital warts. I would go and get it checked out
    Virgoninlover Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Aug 24, 2008, 11:34 AM
    I would definitely go to the Doctor's office ASAP. Sounds like you have contracted Genital Warts. If you don't have health insurance, you can always go to Planned Parenthood, or a similar place, and they'll test you for all STD's and get you medical help.

Aug 24, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Thank you both. I will go to the doctor.
    Do either of you know if it can be treated and will go away?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 04:07 PM
    If you have genital warts, they can be treated, but it cannot be cured. Outbreaks can be minimized with proper medication.

Aug 24, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    If you have genital warts, they can be treated, but it cannot be cured. Outbreaks can be minimized with proper medication.
    Well that isn't good.. but thank you.
    Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 07:21 PM
    I'm sorry it's not what you want to hear, but genital warts cannot be cured. HOWEVER, you have not yet been to the doctor to get a formal diagnosis. Please make an appointment ASAP.

Aug 24, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I'm sorry it's not what you want to hear, but genital warts cannot be cured. HOWEVER, you have not yet been to the doctor to get a formal diagnosis. Please make an appointment ASAP.
    Yes I know. And I'm planning on making an appointment for my boyfriend and I very soon. But our schedules with school are so messy. He doesn't get home until 8 30 at night. Where I get home around 4. its just going to be hard to make an appointment.

Another question I have is, with whatever it is that we have, is there a possibility that I won't be able to get pregnant? And if I can, can I pass it on to my child? (these are the questions that are breaking my heart)
    Expert

Aug 25, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by novembersky
    another question i have is, with whatever it is that we have, is there a possibility that i wont be able to get pregnant? and if i can, can i pass it on to my child? (these are the questions that are breaking my heart)
    The answer to your first question really depends on what STD you have, if you have one. Genital warts will not cause infertility, therefore you can still have children.

The answer to your second question is really dependent on how bad your outbreaks are. Most likely you will have to have a C-Section, vaginal birth during an outbreak will pass this on to your child and can cause a multitude of problems with the baby. The doctors I work for will always do a C-Section and treat the newborn with medications such as acyclovir as a precaution.

Please always be up front with your doctor should you become pregnant. Let him/her know you have genital warts (if you do).

It is also imperative that you and your boyfriend see a doctor. I understand class schedules as I recently graduated myself, unfortunately you may have to miss a class or two to get this diagnosed and treated properly.
    sweety Posts: 77, Reputation: -1

Aug 25, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Please don't worry and just go to your doc to check it out,and don't have sex until you both have finished your course of treatment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bumps on vagina [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 15, nearing 16 years old. I have had a "bump" on the outside of my vagina under pubic hair. It feels like a large... Bug bite, except this "bump" has been there for several months, if not a bit longer. At one point, puss came out from it after taking a shower, as it would from, perhaps a...

Bumps Around Vagina [ 2 Answers ]

I have bumps around my vagina and lower butt... I have never had sex before and I'm only twelve. It itches and the bumps sting when they gets wet. What could it be from? And what is it?

Bumps on vagina [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bump outside of my vagina were my pubic har is its very hard when ever u touch it and sqeeze it nothing comes out its just tuff please help and am so embarrassed to go to the doctor with it

Bumps On Vagina [ 3 Answers ]

Last week I was shaving my vagina in the bathroom with an old razor. A day or two after small bumps (somewhat like acne) appeared on the outside of my vagina (close to my leg). Should I be worried? And yes I have been sexually active. Someone please help.

Vagina bumps [ 1 Answers ]

I am a black woman with a few bumps on my outer libias that become a bit painful when rubbed by my clothes and after a while puss comes out then blood. I have had this happen before but it has never been more than 1 bump. I am not sexually active at this time, but I do get completely waxed, I train...

View more questions Search