Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Aug 23, 2008, 10:02 PM
    Grandfather died.
    My grandfather just passed away yesterday. I just feel so terrible because he had Parkinson's disease and I couldn't really speak to him well. I don't know how to deal with this because I never got the chance to say bye. What should I do?
    Danap Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Aug 23, 2008, 10:12 PM
    Pray on it. Your granfather is in a better place and is no longer in pain. Trust that he knows you love him. Death is a part of life and we a rarely prepared for it. Tell him how you feel, he can hear you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 10:15 PM
    My father died suddenly of a heart attack. No one got to say goodbye to him either. My sibs and I and our children put together a memory book of all his favorite things like food or cars or books or sports teams plus we each wrote a page or two of special memories about him unique to each of us. We spiral-bound copies for each of us after creating the perfect cover. He's been gone since 1994, but we often talk about him and all the great things about him--and yes, his idiosyncracies too.

Writing about him helped us a lot. Maybe that could be something that will help you too.

Remember him with love. Keep him alive in your heart and memory.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My grandfather [ 7 Answers ]

My pop pop died July 12 and he was almost 96 My fiancé would not go to the funeral with me, I didn't know until later that he had a prior "gaming" engagement with his friends, that he has not bothered to hang out with in a year or so. In asking further he said he felt not welcomed by my...

My grandfather died on a side of my family that I have not seen in years? [ 2 Answers ]

My parents have been separated and divorced for 5 years. The whole separation and divorce was nasty,because my father just up and left my mom. Due to the situation, my siblings and I have been with my mom and left my dad high and dry. I know that I resent my dad for splitting up my family and...

Grandfather died and problems.. ended up breaking up family [ 4 Answers ]

My grandfather died a few moths back and since then I've disowned my family (uncle & aunt and brother and wife). Not because I wanted to, but because of the childish way they were acting and the hurt they've caused me. It's a lot of crap to explain, but here's a summary.. . after pap died, my uncle...

My uncle and grandfather [ 5 Answers ]

Last year in July my uncle passed away, and now I can't seem to stop thinking about what he must have been thinking. He was out on the crab boat and fell off, he didn't know how to swim and all I can think about now is what he must of saw, looking up at the boat it makes me want to cry. He was only...

Mother has died and now Grandfather is wanting us out [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died recently and her and my grandfather are one the deed. Well at my mothers funeral he informed me and my husband that he wanted us out in 60 days. So after a couple days I said that I would not be able to pay rent save money and keep the bills running. I just found out today that he...

View more questions Search