Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Aug 22, 2008, 05:54 AM
    Weight Comments
    I am so sick and tired of my neighbor commenting on my weight every time I see him (I'm really skinny). What could I say or do to end this? I am looking for something witty to say that will end the comments without straining the relationship with our neighbor (we're friendly with them and want to keep it that way). Why do people think it's OK to make comments about a skinny person right to their face, or ask them why they're so skinny? I'm sick of it!
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2008, 06:10 AM
    I know how you feel passmeby. I am also very thin (5'4 and 115 lbs) but not anorexic looking. I eat healthy and tend to stay active. I have always been very skinny. All my life people I knew and didn't know whould comment on my weight as if it were such a terrible thing to be skinny. They must think that skinny people don't get offended when commented on their weight. NEWS FLASH: we do, just like bigger people get offended when they're called fat.

How is your neighbors physique? If he/she could afford to lose a couple of pounds then simply say 'Thanks, and I hope your hitting the gym soon!' If he/she is going to be rude then you can be the same but in a nice way. Your neighbor could possible be jealous and if so then that is their problem, not yours.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Hi passmeby,

I take it he's a big guy, in which case, I would say," yes great is'nt it ,i can eat anything and not gain an ounce,.....have you tried the new akins diet?, big people i work with reckon it really works,i'd give it a go if i were you"... then just casually carry on with what you are doing.
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Aug 30, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Honestly, why does it bother you so much? Somehow it seems to be making you feel like it's a "bad thing" to be thin. You ever hear the expression, "You can never be too rich or too thin"? How about telling them this.. Say, "ever hear the expression, 'you can never be too rich or too thin'?" then say, "well, at least I'm good to go w/ one, I'm working on the other". Something like that... It's light, non-confrontational and it makes you out to be one of the lucky one's... That's what I would consider if it were me...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Racial Comments [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a way that I can sue a District Attorney Office for using racial comments against a co-worker and I? The racial words they use was black nigger, jigaboo and booger. The only reason why I ask this question is that we work in a very well historical hotel in OKC and they stated why does...

View more questions Search