Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kasad Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 12:46 PM
    I'm five weeks pregnant but with spotting
    Hi guys

I am five weeks pregnant with slight pink spotting after I use the restroom with clear fluid discharge. I also had leg cramps with a lower backache yesterday but I'm OK today. Went to see the doc. The ultrasound shows the sac but doesn't show the foetus. The doc asked me to go for an ultrasound next week to check. My HCG level is 11000. I am so scared because I had a 10 weeks miscarraige in April. Can you help me
    dream101 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 12:54 PM
    I had some spotting too when I was pregnant I think it was around three to four weeks... and I went through the ultrasound... and my doc advised to stay in bed rest for at least a month! (I was in bed rest prior to the ultrasound for a week)... so just take it easy... drink a lot of fluids, and don't jump, run, go through stairs... etc until you get your ultrasound!

I had my baby at 36weeks! :)

Good luck!

Aug 21, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Thnaks a lot dream101. U know I just used the restroom and I could find brown spotting. What type of spoting did you have? And what did your ultrasound showed the first time you went for it?

Aug 21, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kasad
    thnaks a lot dream101. u know i just used the restroom and i could find brown spotting. what type of spoting did u have? and wht did ur ultrasound showed the first time u went for it?
    It was red spotting... (it scared me), and the ultrasound showed that the baby was in a low part of my uterus; and that created complications!

But again... just rest; it's partly emotional too... and make sure you drink plenty of fluids!

Aug 21, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Thanks a lot. I'm trying to stay as normal as I can bt its not easy... I am also drinking water... I think way more than I usually take... I just hope everythng turns out well... pray for me...

Aug 21, 2008, 01:46 PM
    I will! :) Just be strong... and whatever is meant to happen is for the BEST... always think that!
    cece21 Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Aug 21, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Ihad spotting also with my first pregnancy, and it scared me so I went to the doctor and he asked a bunch of questions and also asked if me and my husband had sex before I started spotting and I told him yes, and he said that ould be why and it sperfectly normal for some women to spot in the beginning of the pregnancy.Good luck:)

Aug 21, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Actually I'm O -ve and my husband I O +ve... I'm just worried if it is something to do with our blood types..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kasad
    actually i m O -ve and my husband i O +ve... i m just worried if it is something to do with our blood types..
    It very well may be since your are a Negative blood type. Have you ever been pregnant before?

Aug 21, 2008, 02:16 PM
    I had a 10 weeks miscarriage in April this year
    Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 02:19 PM
    It is possible that you may be trying to miscarry. If that fetus that you miscarried in April was rH positive (same blood type as your husband), then your body may be looking at this baby as a foreign invader. HOWEVER, it is also possible that this spotting is normal for you.

You see, in pregnancy the cervix becomes very vascular and any irritation to the cervix, from anything as serious as sex or as simple as a sneeze, can cause some of the capillaries of the cervix to break open and cause bleeding.

The only way to know for sure is to phone your OB and be seen.

Aug 21, 2008, 02:32 PM
    I was given a shot of rhogam soon after my miscarriage earlier in April... n I am to see the OB next week... in fact I'm new in CA and I am not sure whom to contact. I just went in Emergency yesterday after spotting
    Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Good, glad you got rhoGAM, so your blood type would not be in question here.

Have you had sex recently?

What did the ER say?

Aug 21, 2008, 02:39 PM
    No.. no sex for almost a fornight now... well the ER didn't say much... just said tha the ultrasoun couldn't detect the foetus just the sac and that they wanted me to get another uktrasound next week...

Is it normal? I mean I'm really really worried!!
    Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 02:45 PM
    By fortnight I assume you mean 14 days (two weeks). Sorry I am from the US.

At 5 weeks it is not uncommon to see just the sac. The heartbeat is barely detectable at this stage.

Bleeding is not uncommon in early pregnancy. I would recommend another ultrasound to be on the safe side.

Aug 21, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Yea almost 14 days... I had brown spotting today as well...

About the sac, do you mean I shouldn't be worrying TOO much... also I have had no morning sickness uptil now.. is it also normal not to have it?

Also I just could feel a pressure on my lower end (abdomen) with a very slight menstruation like pain...
    Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 02:53 PM
    As long as the spotting was brown, there should be little to nothing to worry about.

No morning sickness? Girl count yourself lucky. Many women would love to be in your shoes. Not all women experience morning sickness or any other pregnancy symptoms.

The pressure is pretty normal also.

Aug 21, 2008, 02:57 PM
    And how about the sac? They coudlnt find the foetus even with the intra vaginal Ultrasound...
    Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Still, not uncommon at 5 weeks of pregnancy.

Aug 21, 2008, 03:03 PM
    O thanks a looooooooooottt.. u can't imagine.. u have given me a new life.. a hope!! Thanks a lot friend

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5 weeks 2 days pregnant and brown spotting [ 13 Answers ]

Hi guys! Thanks for all of the well wishes after the good news came. I am having some discharge... old brown blood mixed with mucous... very light. It isn't constant. I'll have it for a day or two and then nothing for three or four days. Had my blood drawn today for the full prenatal screen...

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and spotting [ 4 Answers ]

I am a little over 5 weeks pregnant and I just started spotting. But I did have sex lastnight is this normal? My first ob appt isn't until July 15th.

Spotting 30 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

I am 30 weeks pregnant and a moment ago I went to the bathroom and a saw this mucus,bloddy discharge I never experience that I don't know what to do and I don't know what does it mean?:confused: :confused:

8 weeks pregnant br0wn spotting? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 8 weeks pregnant and this morning and still I noticed br0wn spotting , followed by sometimes a little brown clotting ? I have mild cramps and a little nauseous.. is this normal?? I kn0w they say n0t t0 worry unless its RED and a heavy flow but I'm just concerned since its my first pregnancy.

Spotting at 25 weeks pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am 25 weeks pregnant. On Friday night after straining during during a bowel movement, I had some slight vaginal bleeding/spotting. I went into the emergency room and they did vaginal examination (where they saw some minor bleeding), an ultrasound (that turned out normal) and other blood...

View more questions Search