Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wiggzter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 03:48 PM
    What is value of old cigarette smoking pipe?
    I have an old cigarette glass pipe... it is clear glass with a tube running the entire length.. it is shaped like a saxophone... has a woman with a small beret on her head on the body of the pipe... what is it worth? MINT CONDITION
    Diane Carol Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Aug 19, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Are you sure its not used with other than tobacco.

Aug 19, 2008, 05:25 PM
    No definitely not
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Would it be possible for you post an image of it here? Doing so could really help. I have found jade cigarette holders and some other glass items, but not your specific one or others in unusual shapes that were actually meant to hold a cigarette while someone was smoking it.

Thanks!

Aug 24, 2008, 07:28 AM
    I can't upload a pic not sure how to if you can explain the steps I will try... I have to laugh my Dad seems to think it may be for something other than tobacco
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 05:17 PM
    It might be used for some other purpose. Won't know until we can see an image here. The woman on the glass isn't indecent in anyway, is she?

As far as posting an image here, I'm going to ask jrebel7 to come to this thread to explain how to do that because she does such an excellent job doing that!
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggzter
    I can't upload a pic not sure how to if you can explain the steps I will try...I have to laugh my Dad seems to think it may be for something other than tobacco
    Hi there Wiggzter! Some people say to just use Photobucket if you are familiar with that. I'm not so I have to go step by step. Don't let it frustrate you. I had to have help to learn to post. I learn A to Z so that is how I instruct. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

In a nutshell:
    Save Image as a .jpg file
    Go to photo program you might have - look for Image and or Resize.......choose pixels rather than inches.....never go over 750 pixels on your largest dimension.
    Save that image then as same name but add resized to the name of file. That way you still have original if you need it later.

Once saved as resized (750 pixels or less), go to "Answer this Question" where we post new posts. left click on middle button "Go Advanced". It will allow you to type message in box then scroll down to you will see “Additional Options”. Scroll down, the next box will say "Manage Attachments". Left click on that. A box will come up that says "Manage Attachments" First box will say upload file from your computer with a "Browse Button". Left click on Browse button.

Box will come up:
    Choose File
    Look in: (on this one, you scroll to find the folder that holds your image, open it, then left click to select image you have resized. Click Open. It will place the information of location of said image, Left Click on upload. Wait just a few moments. When it is finished, X out that screen, you will be on "Additional Options" area and it will show just above where it says "Manage Attachments" which file you just attached. Then Scroll down, left click "Submit Answer". This should then show text you typed in first box and below that, image you selected and uploaded. I sure hope I haven't left out a step. As I said, if I have, we can get back on track another way. I will help in anyway I can.

BELOW ARE MORE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS THAN IS ABOVE. MIGHT DRIVE YOU A LITTLE NUTS BUT I HAVE TO HAVE IT LIKE BELOW.

Have you saved these images to a file on your computer? You should have a file perhaps 'MY PICTURES" where you can save images or just in "My Documents". If the images are attachments on your e-mails, you should be able to left click to choose each, right click and and it will give you the option to open or save as. Click on "Save As" and it will give you the options of where you can save it.....you should see "My Documents", "My Music", "My pictures" or you can make a folder specifically for your pictures, etc. Best to save in "My Pictures" or "My Documents" as a .jpg file. If you click on "My Documents", you should see as you scroll down, a yellow folder that says "My Pictures" on the list or wherever you have saved your images you have scanned or stored from your camera. Open that folder to "Save your image as" and type in name then click enter. It will save it in that folder.

Bring up "MY PICTURES" folder or where ever your image is saved. Left click on image once (this chooses it, does not open it) then right click on it. Run your cursor over "OPEN WITH", it should show you several choices... if you see Microsoft Photo Editor, left click to open. Your image will show up in that program on your screen. At the top of that screen, you will see File, Edit, View, Image, etc. Left click on IMAGE, it should have a drop down box giving options, left click on "RESIZE" There will be a box that appears that shows the size of your image. On the right side it will show UNITS... on the drop down box you can choose inches or pixels, choose pixels. On this site, when you choose "GO ADVANCED", that is where you can add the image and to do so, the image cannot be larger than 750 pixels. On mine, whatever is largest, height or width, I change it to 400 and the smaller measure changes automatically. As long as the largest dimension, whether height or width is not over 750 pixels, the image should upload nicely. Your choice of size up to 750.

Once you have done this, PLEASE go to File and choose "SAVE AS"... you can name that image the same as original but add the word at the end as resized. That way you retain the larger image but also have one you can post. If you want the image to be fairly large, you can go with the 750 pixels, I have used 600 but generally choose 400. That is just personal preference.

Second Part of instructions . Hope this helps.

If I have not left out a step in the instructions, this should allow you to resize your image to allow you to post using "Go Advanced" on the "Answer this Question" box in which I am typing. I will apologize ahead for mistakes I might have made as I have typed.
    _
    Ok, I am operating on the assumption that you have now resized your photo, saved it in a file folder and are ready to post.

Right after my post, there will be a box as you know already of course (and forgive me if I am being too elementary in my instructions... that is the only way I can do things... A to Z.

On "Answer this Question: click on "Answer this Question: click on ". Type whatever description, discussion or details you want the viewer to see in the first box then scroll down (do not submit yet), you will see “Additional Options” the first part will have boxes with check marks in them. Make sure the first three are checked. Scroll down, the next box will say "Manage Attachments". Type whatever description, discussion or details you want the viewer to see in the first box then scroll down (do not submit yet), you will see “Additional Options” the first part will have boxes with check marks in them. Make sure the first three are checked. Scroll down, the next box will say "Manage Attachments". Left click on that. A box will come up that says "Browse Button" First box will say upload file from your computer with a "Additional Options". Left click on Browse button. Box will come up:
    Choose File
    Look in: (on this one, you scroll to find the folder that holds your image, open it, then left click to select image you have resized. Click Open. It will place the information of location of said image, Left Click on upload. Wait just a few moments. When it is finished, X out that screen, you will be on "Manage Attachments" area and it will show just above where it says "Submit Answer". This should then show text you typed in first box and below that, image you selected and uploaded. I sure hope I haven't left out a step. As I said, if I have, we can get back on track another way. I will help in anyway I can.

Please don't let this frustrate you. It took me awhile and the patience of other posters helping me to learn how to post images. Best to you!
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Excellent job, as usual, jrebel7 posting your instructions! I do hope that wiggzter returns and posts and image soon, because I'm sure that I'm not the only one wondering what it is!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

B&W Cigarette Coupons [ 12 Answers ]

I have come across a large quantity of the old B&W cigarette coupons while cleaning out my friend's home. Are they still redeemable?

Cigarette smell? [ 2 Answers ]

This evening my mother and I were watching a DVD in her bedroom. I got up to go into the kitchen for a glass of water and as I did noticed a distinct smell of cigarette smoke in the room. Neither one of us smokes, and we live in the country with no other neighbors nearby. I asked my mother to...

Car Cigarette Lighters [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering how they worked. A little bit of background info.

Considering Pipe smoking. [ 4 Answers ]

So, I'm thinking of taking up pipe smoking. I already smoke cigars on occasion and am looking for a change. I've thought about trying it for some time, but it appears to be rather involved. Anyway, I would like to know whether it would be better for me to start with a cheap Dr. Grabow or spend a...

Dad addicted to pipe (tobacco) smoking [ 11 Answers ]

I really hate it when my dad smokes his pipe, he smokes it every minute of every hour!! I want to know of some way to get him to stop smoking!! :mad: can anyone tell me how to get him off it?

View more questions Search