Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobo8409 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Craftsman18hp briggs& sratton
    18 hp briggs on idle it will speed up & down & pop . Very hard to crank sounds like engine out of timing
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 08:35 PM
    More likely the carb is ready for a total cleaning or boil. I had one like this, cleaned it twice with no improvement. Had a friend rebuild the carb, no improvement. Instlled an OEM carb and it now runs fine. The OEM from Sears will run you about $120
    1983nab Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Check your flywheel key sounds like the timing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 hp briggs [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20hp intek briggs it starts right up but loads up under a load it has a hydro trans

16.5 Briggs ohv oil in air box [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Toro with a 16.5 single cylinder vertical shaft.Oil is dumping out of the crank case vent tube into the air box.It doesn't seem to burn any unless its over filled,Runs and starts fine , I have to add about a pint of oil each time I mow.Compression checks out at around 110.Anyone know...

14/hp briggs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi i am trying to repair a 14/ hp briggs motor. This motor has ohv where i have never had a chance to work on i am from old school and not used to this newer equipment. Here is the problem first he carb was overflowing with gas i took it apart and cleaned everything with parts cleaner and hoped i...

12 hp briggs & Sratton Magneto? [ 1 Answers ]

I Have a fairly new 2002 murray 12hp riding lawnmower and it won't start, the spark plug is not firing, but,if I pull the little black wire off the magneto it will start, but, You have no kill switch. I need some help please it has a brand new battery and has sat for a while until just recently...

View more questions Search