Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moyenda Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Aug 19, 2008, 04:23 AM
    Read only
    Hi'yall
    I have an annoying situation whereby I have a share on my server 2003 & my Lan users accessing it but the only problem is that the files are read only, I tried unchecking that read-only checkmark on the folders properties but every time I recheck its back on its default state ! ( Read-Only )... I tried giving the users read & write permission explicitly but this doesn't do !
    Can someone have a solution for me !
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Aug 19, 2008, 06:13 AM
    You should be able to right click the folder, then set permissions level that way. (not the read only check box) but under permissions.
    Similar to the picture below (this is for a printer).. each user will have their own level... but u can set it for all users.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 19, 2008, 07:03 AM
    You must also set the Share permissions. It is best practice to set Share permissions to Full Control for all Authenticated Users and then control access through File/Folder permissions.
    moyenda Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Aug 20, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Thank you ! Works fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

~*please Read*~ [ 26 Answers ]

Hey you. I know that this is proably asked a lot and I know that you aren't doctors and can't for sure tell me.. but I'm only 17 and I'm scared. I've been having sex with my boyfriend and I was worried that I was pregnant from having some of the symptoms, o and I'm an idiot because we never use...

Read me [ 1 Answers ]

This message is for a percentage of persons asking questions about electrical on this site. Some of us are doing this for a living. Some of us work in a profession that nurtures change on a consistent basis. A profession that satisfies our everyday experiences--nourishing our minds with everyday...

Don't believe everything you read [ 1 Answers ]

Maybe better in Mbr Discussions, but I think good too in Science. How far is this star or that star? Google it for the answer, right? Well, not always. Check this out: How far is Betelgeuse? I have spoken to Mr. Cannon (the webpage author) on a couple of occasions. Great guy. Great...

View more questions Search