Aug 18, 2008, 05:30 AM
    event ID 41 and 42
    I keep seeing the following two errors in Event Viewer:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Sources: WinMgmt
    Event Category: None
    Event ID 41
    Description:
    WMI ADAP was unable to create object index 4178 for Performance Library ASP.NET
    because no value was found in the 009 subkey

Event Type: Warning
    Event Sources: WinMgmt
    Event Category: None
    Event ID 42
    Description:
    WMI ADAP was unable to create object Win32_PerfRawData_aspnet_state_ASPNETStateService for Performance Library aspnet_state because no value was found for property index 3168 in 009 subkey

I am running Win2k pro. Is this anything that needs attention? I have looked in Microsoft but the info there is not helpful... at least to me.
    OD
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 08:02 AM
    See if Event ID 41 WinMgmt Warning 5 times per minute sheds any light.
    OldDawg Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 08:15 PM
    I had seen that post but wasn't sure if the commands to unload and reload were done at the command prompt or at Start/Run?
    Hardware Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 02:58 AM
    They are command-line commands, so I doubt it matters - two ways to get to the same place. I'd probably use a command prompt so I could see any output from the command.

Aug 19, 2008, 11:10 AM
    I had tried the Microsoft workaround How to troubleshoot WinMgmt-based performance counter errors with no luck.
    I assume this solution is not similar.
    OD
    Hardware Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDawg
    I assume this solution is not similar.
    I do not know. I have not encountered and resolved these errors before. I had hoped by posting that link, it would prod the software gurus here to comment with better info. So, the best I can suggest is that if the info available via Google doesn't resolve your issue, call up Microsoft and pay for a support incident if need be or try their newsgroups.

Aug 19, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Well, thanks for the help anyway. I've done the Google thing so, I guess I'll keep searching for the cure.
    OD

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Facebook event [ 2 Answers ]

Do u have an Idea if I want to make an official Facebook event who shall I try to contact?

Event Electrician looking for more [ 5 Answers ]

Hello pro electricians, I am an Event Electrician who works in the NY and Las Vegas areas for special events, concerts, festivals, etc etc. I am not associated with any union, and I freelance for work. I did attend college for Theatrical Lighting Design, and act very often as a Master...

Your thoughts on this event? [ 21 Answers ]

Tuesday night, I went to invite my 15yo daughter to rent a video or two and found her asleep. I returned to the living room as I was very tired due to short night Monday. I was set up to sleep on the futon/bed in the living room as it is cooler there and fell asleep around 8:30pm. Some time after...

Can't remember event [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 17 year old female. To ask this question I will first provide some background information. Tonight, at a party my father told the guests of a story that I had told him. He said to me "Grace, tell them about the time the man came into your shop to buy knifes to protect himself in the...

Event management [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for the job in event mangment companies, pz give me information about the companies & vaccancies

View more questions Search