Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojo8181 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 03:06 AM
    Probation officer wants doctor to sign no narcotic like paine reliver
    I really have no problem personally with the title I think its good for a addict but not someone like me with chronic gout, I can't even stand a sheet or blanket on my leg when my gout flares up.

I consider myself a highly experinced ex con, I have been out of the"Game" for a while.

Recently I got hung up on paper for a simple poss. Undefeined misderminer (spelling all over sorry)
    Anyway, as now I'm a bit older I have severe gout in my leg, and foot, also I have had a bi-laterial pulmaniry emboliosm, and a few kidney stones, ( don't do drugs ) but before anyone goes and clicks the button to close the window, please answer this.
    My probation officer supplied me with a piece of paper saying

This is exactly what it says

I xxxxxxxxxxxxx the 3rd do hereby verify that I have been notified by my probation officer that I am not to take any prescription and or non prescription drugs/medications while on nprobation. This is because I have a addiction problem taking these types of medication could not only jepordise my health but my sobority also

Not in letter ( I have been clean for over 12 years I take tramadol for my gout in my foot which is leading up to... ) official letter continues

I understand that if pain medication is needed I am to request a non-narcotic pain medication from my doctor. I verify that I have notified my doctor about my drug addiction problem and I am not to be taking narcotic medication. I also understand that I am required to notify my probation officer of any prescription officer any prescription drugs I currenty am on

I understand that failure to abide by these conditions will be a result in a probation violation and possible in jail (put it that way)

1now this idea, of mine have my records sent to another doctor, then get the form signed,
    2 just have some shmuck sign my docs name instead
    3 legally fight this in which io only have 3 mabe 13 days ( he wants it quick)
    4 I do have a very simple soulution but if I am caught,, well I'm behing bars

Now I truly a probabtion officer does not have MD beside his name and therefore cannot practise medicine, and besides tramadol (I don't feel like linking it) is the most NON-ADDICTIVE NARCOTIC Amedication its generic ultram, and before all of this probation stuff I spefically asked for ultram cause I did not want any opiates in my blood cause it would cause hunger for more.

I feel pretty screwed here and wish I could do something

Anyone with advise?
    reeses420 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 03:32 AM
    reeses420 I believe that its your right to get more than one opinion when it comes to your medical health. I would,nt take the first opinion right off bat, just because someone says like a probation officer,who are they to be telling you they aren't a doctor.

Aug 18, 2008, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by reeses420
    reeses420 I believe that its your right to get more than one opinion when it comes to your medical health. I would,nt take the first opinion right off bat, just because someone says like a probation officer,who are they to be telling you they arent a doctor.

I'm not trying to be rude my friend at all but medical records really isn't my problem its evadeing the fact that my doctor has to sign this form.

I do not want my doctor to know I am on probation it is america wheree I am at, and as a liberty of mine I want to keep it that way

By the way I'm from the ol 420 age also, back when it started haha

Edit: after reading my response I thought mabe I was to harsh on the way you analyzed what I typed above or I didn't type it correctly enough either or, I believe this is about being american and rights of privacy issues and them being violated, and that mine are now being violated (in my perspective)(I understand there's another perspective just to get it signed) but no I don't want to because I feel that I am free as a american,

Hopefully there is some law here, because I know for a fact medical records cannot be opened by any low time probation officer without my concent or a judgeoverrideing my concent not to open, but mabe I'm ust screwedd cause the probabtion department found a loophole in the law and is exposeing it for there benefit? I'm not sure, I think it's a good thing for addicts and treatment when I go to rx. Drugs.com and pdr sites there's not much they can prescribe that don't have a narcotic in itn and nothing at all will take the pain away like a anti inflamatory because I am on warafin it's a blood thinner, god I'm getting real deep into this site and I don't even know you guys, I can't even take a darvocet, and thosem over the counter pain meds are just a gimmik, look up the true stuff about them, asprin slightly relives pain due to it thins blood, acetmenphine has only a 14% more chance then a placebo in studies to remove pain, what I take has a 65% chance in its studies to remove pain in gout paitents.
    There's so much and so little time... I'm screwd I think well it don't show up in urine screen but I like to be honest
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 05:05 AM
    I am sure if anyone knows about this it would be excon on how to negate something like this situation. Also, Fr Chuck possibly would know the answer to this one. Just wait, they'll be along shortly.

Off legal - you need to really pay attention to your gout problem and eliminate the foods that trigger it. Gout is a form of arthritis. I have gout in both big toes and if I eat certain foods my toes swell up and hurt. You need to address the causes of your gout vs taking pain meds to cover up the problem.

Aug 18, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Hey thanks for the concern, and I'm glad I was understood fully not just some babbly bloke lol gout does hurt bad man
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Hello jojo:

Couple things. Your probation officer CAN regulate your drug use. He can ask your doctor NOT to prescribe narcotics, but I don't know why he would do that. All he has to do is tell YOU not to use narcotics and that's that. He's going to drug test you to find out if you're clean. So if you take narcotics, even if they're prescribed, you'll violate your probation.

Next thing is, allipurinol. It stops the gout from even happening - and it's NOT narcotic.

excon
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo8181
    i do not want my doctor to know i am on probation it is america wheree i am at, and as a liberty of mine i want to keep it that way
    You do realize that by being on probation, you have given up certain rights that you otherwise would have? As someone put it, you are serving your sentence, just not in jail, and thus things that would be a violation of a regular citizen's rights are not a violation of yours.

And I'd follow ex-con's advice, if I were you.

Aug 18, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Not too much intrigiging ideas here, how to to scam the system, but I got my own way

Please wish me luck

Aug 18, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Allipurinol cannot be taken with cumidin, or o would have taken it
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Sep 7, 2008, 01:01 AM
    I was a probation officer in Maryland for quite awhile and it was a standard policy that a probation officer does not have the authority to decide what drugs a doctor can prescribe to a person on probation. Liability issues can arise if a probation officer tries to tell someone that they can't take a medication that a doctor has prescribed for them.

We had a chart listing all sorts of medications and how they would affect drug testing. If a probation officer tries to come between you and your doctor, ask to speak to a supervisor. If that doesn't work, write a letter to the judge. Probation is never supposed to override the medical treatment that a doctor prescribes.
    nicolealyssa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 07:20 PM
    I live in tn and am on probation.she came with an officer for a home visit and was wondering if the officer with had the right to go threw my phone and take it with him and also I got scpit of med that I had to bottle for cause they did not have all of the at the time and I was two short on one bottle and just got the other one filled today that had all of in it. Are they allowed to take my med's from my doc and phone with them ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Officer [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in jail for a 120 Treatment for Drug and Alcohol. I was wondering if when he gets out can he move his probation to another county? We have been planning to get a place together, but we don't know if he is allowed to change Probation Officers. His current probation officer keeps...

When do you see a probation officer [ 1 Answers ]

If you have a sentencing date and you have no orders from a judge, when do you see a probation officer?

Any Probation Officer out there? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the exact process for transferring someone from state to state ? We started my husbands transfer 3 months ago . We have reached the stage where the transfer has been submitted to the receiving state . We were told that someone should be coming to our home to verify the...

Probation Officer [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all: There's a retired probation officer with the handle magprob. He's trying to hawk a book here. I don't know how much he's trying to sell it for, but don't buy it! He offers a free chapter. I read it. Of course, if YOU ARE a probation officer, then it might help you keeping your...

View more questions Search