Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vincent9999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Why does she act like this?
    I'll start with a little background. Lindsay and I have liked each other ever since our freshman year in high school, and it wasn't until my junior year that I worked up enough courage to finally ask her. I was so happy when she finally said yes! We then started dating and we are now up to our 5th month which was yesterday. I have NEVER felt this way about anyone ever and I think she might be drifting away. Recently she has started blogging over myspace all kinds of sad blogs. The problem is, you can never tell what she is talking about, because she writes in riddles. And she was with someone before me that she often writes about, also. He dumped her and moved to someone else, but she still seems really attached to him, and always writes how much she would give just to be back with him. This hurts... I do absolutely everything I can to try and make her happy and she never seems happy anymore... So my question to you is, should I be worried or is this just me being paranoid. I really love her... I don't know what I would do without her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    erin7799 Posts: 159, Reputation: 32

Aug 17, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Her heart doesn't belong to you and only you. You have to decide if you're willing to allow that to continue. You can't change the way she feels about this other guy and you can't change the way she feels about you, no matter how hard you try. But you can change the situation and how you're allowing yourself to be treated. You are 2cnd best in her eyes. She is saying she wants to be w/ someone else but he doesn't want to be w/ her. Yet if he DID want to be w/ her, guess what? She'd dump you in a heartbeat, my friend. As hard as it is to hear, What you SHOULD do is break up w/ her. Let her go. She's not happy, then you're not happy. She isn't breaking up w/ you but she isn't happy w/ you, either. What would you do w/ out her? Find someone who WANTS to be w/ ONLY you. But... you probably WONT do that because you say you love her and you're young. You'll keep her around and eventually she'll break up w/ you anyway. But it's just advice, take it or leave it. I was a high school girl once, too and I know all the ways they play.
    Janmarie Posts: 167, Reputation: 46

Aug 17, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent9999
    He dumped her and moved to someone else, but she still seems really attached to him, and always writes how much she would give just to be back with him. This hurts......
    You have identified the reason for her sadness. This is a sadness that you did not cause her. She has a choice to be sad or to not be sad and most people don't realize that they do have choices.

Have you talked to her about the statement I quoted from you? And honestly let her know that it did hurt? You have a relationship with her so you do have every right in communicating how this makes you feel and, "what's up with that?"

Your question "why does she act like this" is what you have already said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent9999
    but she still seems really attached to him
    Communicate
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 17, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Since you know why she is sad, be man enough to give her space. Haven't you talked about it??

Communicate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search