Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psonic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Black lines on Panasonic TV
    I have the same problem on my 50' Panasonic Plasma that was posted by srobsrobusa on 6/8/08 - black lines or black bar appearing 2/3 down on screen. The TV repair guy said it was being transmitted by my cable service. I have since switched to Verizon Fios and still have the problem. It usually happens when the TV has been on for an hour. Now I'm starting to think it's the TV and not the signal.
    erin7799 Posts: 159, Reputation: 32

Aug 14, 2008, 10:17 AM
    My parents just went through the same thing. It's the TV. It started the first 3 days they had it. They bought it from Sears. They kept trying to say they did something wrong to it. That they turned it on before they were supposed to. It sat in their living room for 48 hours before anyone turned it on! Sears took months to fix the problem! They were giving them a ton of excuses as to why this happened, yet none of them had to do w/ the TV itself. The line grew bigger and bigger. The line went the whole way across the TV and sometimes even when you would turn it off you could still see where the line was. Then before they knew it they had no sound. They had the TV for 3 months before they finally got it replaced. But they had to do a serious amt. of complaining before anyone would help them! Good Luck w/ it! It's not the cable company. It's the TV. They really must take people for fools. :)
    psonic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 06:50 AM

Best Buy's TV service team fixed the problem with my plasma TV. They replaced several parts in the TV. The problem has not returned. Luckly, I was covered by the 3 year warranty which I purchased when I bought the TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black lines across computer screen [ 3 Answers ]

I have black horizontal lines across my computer screen. What is the cause and how do I correct it?

Black bar in center of Panasonic plasma TV [ 1 Answers ]

We have had a 50" Panasonic Plasma flatscreen for about 18 months. Yesterday when we switched it on, it had a black bar about 2" wide extending about 2/3 down the screen, right in the center. We tried different modes, different power jacks, etc. Nothing changes it. The TV works fine except for...

Black lines on my panasonic TV [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my 50 inch panasonic has just developed black lines down it and the picture has gone grey it is on all channels hdmi, av1 ?

Jvc 27" TV with a black bar at the top and lines [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 27" tv with a 2" horizontal line at the top then directly below it for about 5" there are a lot of horizontal white pin lines. Any ideas?I am an appliance technicial, so I can read a diagram and trace curcuits if necessary.

View more questions Search