Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abesmommy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 04:43 PM
    How long after depo will an ovulation test work?
    I was on depo for a year and didn't go back to get my shot in may. Now I am wanting a baby, I haven't had a period yet, so if I take the ovulation test will it be any help??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 07:04 PM
    It's hard to say if an ovulation test will or will not work. When I give the shot I tell my clients that this is to be considered a long term form of birth control and can take as long as 18 months after discontinuing the shot to become pregnant.

Now, there are the rare occurrences that one becomes pregnant while on the shot, or immediately after discontinuing the shot, but in the "real world" it can take much longer to ovulate.

I know it's hard, but you must be patient.
    kjbub77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 05:32 AM
    Just be patient I stopped depo in July were trying for baby and using ovulation tests, but it gives false hope sometimes. My eight year old was conceived right after I stopped depo, however I was 27. I found out stressing about it constantly just punishes you. I'm 35 and trying for baby number three. Good luck it will happen :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ovulation test positive or negative [ 7 Answers ]

I absolutely hate ovulation tests! They can be so confusing sometimes. I think I finally got a positive ovulation test - will you look at my picture and give me your opinion. Thanks to everyone who responds! It was an Answer Ovulation Test - it said if the line is the same color or darker than...

Positive or Negative Ovulation Test? [ 3 Answers ]

I absolutely hate ovulation tests! They can be so confusing sometimes. I think I finally got a positive ovulation test - will you look at my picture and give me your opinion. Thanks to everyone who responds! It was an Answer Ovulation Test - it said if the line is the same color or darker...

How soon after ovulation can you take a home pregnancy test? [ 1 Answers ]

I know the exact day I ovulated because we've been trying to get pregnant. I do not have regular cycles, so I cannot count on the "so many days after your missed period" to take a home pregnancy test. My question is, how many days after ovulation can you take a home pregnancy test?

Unsure about ovulation test? [ 3 Answers ]

I did my first ovulation test today and I did everything like it said to to in the instructions. The indicator line showed up but I got no LH line at all. I understand that if it's is lighter than the indicator line then you have not experienced an LH surge but what does it mean if you have no LH...

View more questions Search