Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msampso2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 13, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Finding unique name for kitten
    Hey there, I just adopted a new kitten a few weeks ago and he has been running around without a name. My boyfriend I just call him kitten, baby or little one. We are going crazy trying to think of the perfect name. He is an orange tabby with 5 toes on the front paws (a polydoctile/Hemingway). He is very energetic and playful. I have attached a picture so you can get an idea. He has big beautiful eyes. It has never been this hard for me to pick out a name. I have a brown tabby named Sambuka (Sammy for short) and a black cat named Demon (he really looks like a demon too). I like cute funny names. I am going for something somewhat unique and original. Let me know what you come up with. I can use all the help I can get right now.

Thanks!
    Attached Images

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Cosmos
    Gizmo
    Jazzy
    Question
    Zoe
    basketball12 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 04:12 PM
    I think the name Pegasus or Rajah would be cute... Rajah would be good because it was from the Disney movie Aladdin , which is jasmines pet tiger (Both names are from disney movies Pegasus is from Hercules)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Toey for his extra toe
    Or Hemi (short for Hemingway)or Boxer he looks like he has little boxing gloves on.

At any rate he is a cute... I fostered a orange stripped kitten and we called him Pumpkin.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Aug 13, 2008, 04:20 PM
    What about Scottie? My friends had an orange cat named scottie, it's really cute

Also, Rocco, Boy, Hank, Henry (I like old man names for kitties, it just seems so cute) Oscar, Heathcliff, JJ, goose, moose
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Toezy... toezee is cuter than toey...
    MONTYS MOM Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 04:26 PM
    To me he looks like a "theodore" you could call him teddy for short- he's darn cute -i have a dog named "monty" I like real people names for dogs and cats- anyway good luck!
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 05:25 PM
    He looks like a Dreamsicle. :)

http://quakerstreet.com/main/images/dreamsicle.gif
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Cute kitten!

How about having people who are dear to you, or maybe even others, write down a possible name on a small piece of paper and putting all of the pieces of paper in a box and pulling out a winning name?

I have done this with one of my cats. My mom and my children all wrote down possible names. That way, it was sort of a "family affair" in which everyone could take part.

Just a thought for you...

Aug 14, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Thank you all for your suggestions! I am going to bring all these names back to my boyfriend and see what he thinks. I liked quite a few of them and the responses were so quick!

Aug 14, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jillianleab

We thought of cremesicle because that's what he looks like because of the white belly, but it just sounds too long. I heard it is best to keep it to 2 syllables. That's another good one though, dreamsicle.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Dream for short nickname?
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Call him "Cream Sicle" and your last name; "Cream Sicle Jones", for example. Then you can call him Cream for short.

I want to name my next cat Avocado... guess I have a thing for foods! :)
    erin7799 Posts: 159, Reputation: 32

Aug 14, 2008, 10:47 AM
    My brother named his cat... "Tadderput" pronounced.. "Tadder- put" lol It's cute!
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 10:50 AM
    MY daughter says Sullivan... call him Sully for short
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Gimmee 5

Marmalade

Pumpkin

Tootsie

Smudgy

Fluff
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Aug 14, 2008, 11:47 AM
    When you are as old as dirt like me you are lucky to remember your own name, much less the pet's! But maybe Mittens or Sassafras like the shape of the leaf on that tree, like a mitten, Sassy for short. But I would then end up calling the kitten Sarsaparilla by mistake, which would lead to accidentally calling it by the names of western movie stars like Sundance or Roy Rodgers.

Aug 15, 2008, 11:54 AM
    All: I want to thank you for your input and suggestions. We have come up with a name. His new name is Sullivan, Sully for short. Thank you 'bushg' and you daughter!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unique pet names for a kitten [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I'm new. I was looking for pet names when I found this site. I was wondering if anyone had any or could come up with any ideas on pet names for a cat, with ice cream being the topic, that are unique, that you wouldn't mind me considering for my new kitten. She is calico with short hair. I've...

Unique kitten name? [ 10 Answers ]

HI! I have an 10 week old boy kitten. He's gray and white, and FULL of energy. I'm not very creative, so I need some help. I'm wanting a name that connects with his personality but any ideas are appreciated. He's very outgoing, always into something, when you catch him doing something he...

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

Unique [ 30 Answers ]

What makes a mistake unique?

View more questions Search