Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pnkrkmama Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Aug 14, 2008, 09:09 PM
    ZachZ its blatantly apparently that you asked a question which you DO NOT Truly want an answer to. It seems that you get off on yourself righteous and rather annoying attempts to entrap well meaning christians in a game of semantics. Therefore, Im over it.
    May God give you clarity.
    pnkrkmama Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Aug 14, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Zach it is blatantly apparent that you DO NOT Truly want an answer to this question. It seems that you get off on entrapping well meaning Christians in yourself righteous and rather annoying game of semantics. Therefore I'm done. May God give you clarity
    ZachZ Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Aug 15, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pnkrkmama
    Zach it is blatantly apparent that you DO NOT TRUELY want an answer to this question. It seems that you get off on entrapping well meaning Christians in your self righteous and rather annoying game of semantics. Therefore I'm done. May God give you clarity
    Actually I really, truly do want an answer. Why can't an answer be provided? How is exposing such a fundamental internal contradiction about such a fundamental cornerstone of your faith an "annoying game of semantics"?

I can only show you the way back, you have to walk down it.

May God indeed grant you clarity, too.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 15, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachZ
    Actually I really, truly do want an answer. Why can't an answer be provided? How is exposing such a fundamental internal contradiction about such a fundamental cornerstone of your faith an "annoying game of semantics"?

I can only show you the way back, you have to walk down it.

May God indeed grant you clarity, too.

Zach Z
    if you want the truth and answers than you have to be willing to hear everything that is being said not defend or retaliate against everything being said.

The answers to your questions have already been given to you and they are the answers that reference certain text of the Bible. If you are familiar with the Bible remember Pilate talking to Jesus right before handing him over to be crucified in John 18

"37 Pilate said, “So you are a king?”

Jesus responded, “You say I am a king. Actually, I was born and came into the world to testify to the truth. All who love the truth recognize that what I say is true.”

Those that truly seek to know the Truth will hear it and understand it.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 10:11 AM
    The Bible says that God's ways are higher than our understanding and we can not begin to fathom the spiritual because it is beyond our mental capabilities. Just like a kid has to trust its parents even though he can't understand and piece together the way things are because he doesn't understand doesn't make what he doesn't comprehend not so.
    You have to look at things from a spiritual concept and that is about impossible to do if you do not even believe in spiritual things. Like how is a skeptic to believe ghosts exist until they encounter one themselves. If you want to understand you first go beyond your comprehension and have to open your spiritual eyes and heart

Aug 15, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    Those that truly seek to know the Truth will hear it and understand it.
    How can we be sure that we're not hearing lies dressed up as truth? One the ways we can tell is when what's being said contradicts Torah. Another way is when what's being said contradicts itself! You believe God requires belief in self-contradictory concepts? Thank goodness Torah teaches otherwise.
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 10:26 AM
    In your case I would say start by answering do you believe there is a supreme being WHOEVER He may be? Can you accept that the supreme being created the universe and work on what you can find believable about a creator and go from there.
    If you are an Atheist skeptic we can never come up with answers that will suit you.
    If you are searching for answers because you do want to believe then you have to take the basics you do believe and maybe build on that to the extent you are able to believe.

Aug 15, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    The Bible says that God's ways are higher than our understanding and we can not begin to fathom the spiritual because it is beyond our mental capabilities. Just like a kid has to trust its parents even though he can't understand and piece together the way things are because he doesn't understand doesn't make what he doesn't comprehend not so.
    You have to look at things from a spiritual concept and that is about impossible to do if you do not even believe in spiritual things. Like how is a skeptic to believe ghosts exist until they encounter one themselves. If you want to understand you first go beyond your comprehension and have to open your spiritual eyes and heart
    You seem to be another person who thinks that belief in God requires total disengagement of the brain, and abandonment of logic and reason.

Often-quoted from Isaiah 1: "Come now, and let us reason together, says the LORD". God does not requirement abandonment of all reason. Can any religion that hinges on such a requirement be true?

Aug 15, 2008, 10:28 AM
    In your case I would say start by answering do you believe there is a supreme being WHOEVER He may be?
    Of course I do! If for some reason it hasn't become clear yet: I believe in God -- the ONE God of Israel.

Aug 15, 2008, 10:30 AM
    How can we be sure that we're not hearing lies dressed up as truth? One the ways we can tell is when what's being said contradicts Torah. Another way is when what's being said contradicts itself! You believe God requires belief in self-contradictory concepts? Thank goodness Torah teaches otherwise.

We can be sure we are not hearing lies because of a personal relationship with God.

Do you have a personal relationship with the god represented in the Torah? If so, how?

Also, if you are basing all "contradictions" against the Torah then why are you posting and needing to know so vehemently the question in the OP. Does that question even matter if you know what the Torah teaches as being true? Just something to consider
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 10:42 AM

OKAY I wasn't sure cause some of the things you say are just like skeptics and atheists say.

Can you tell me then, since you believe in the Torah, how you rationalize why God would demand sacrifices of animals? Can you tell me the logic in that in order to please God and whatever significance it has to you that makes sense?

Aug 15, 2008, 10:49 AM
    We can be sure we are not hearing lies because of a personal relationship with God.
    This is a subjective answer that is easily proven unsatisfactory: Catholics believe they have a valid, personal relationship with God, and pray to Mary. Mormons believe they have a valid, personal relationship with God, and believe we can all become gods. Muslims believe they have a valid, personal relationship with God, and deny the trinity. Zoroastrians believe they have a valid, personal relationship with God... Heck, even the Heaven's Gate cult who committed mass suicide at the approach of comet Hale-Bopp in 1997 believed they had a valid, personal relationship with God! Are they ALL right because they "feel" they are? The Jewish bible warns against exactly this sort of subjective "feeling" as justification for your religion: 1 Kings 18:

In the 18th chapter of I Kings, the Bible relates that when Elijah had challenged 450 priests of Baal to bring a sacrifice to their gods and see if their offering would be miraculously accepted with fire, there was a peculiar spectacle which followed. It seemed as though there was no doubt in the minds of these pagan worshipers that Baal would hear their supplications and consume their bullock with a heavenly fire. The Bible vividly recounts how they enthusiastically entreated Baal and prayed fervidly for a miracle all day. They even climbed on top of the altar and began to prance beside their sacrifice, and when that failed to secure a response from their gods, in their frantic zeal they used knives and lancets to slice away flesh from their bodies. These prophets of Baal were on fire for their gods. Regardless of their unyielding zeal for their idols, they were commanded to turn away from these abominations.
    So we know that 'feeling' is not enough. There are externally-verifiable requirements. I have pointed out an internal contradiction in Christian dogma. I have shown that 'feeling' is not enough. Can you not address the point of the OP?

Aug 15, 2008, 10:52 AM
    OKAY I wasn't sure cause some of the things you say are just like skeptics and atheists say.

Can you tell me then, since you believe in the Torah, how you rationalize why God would demand sacrifices of animals? Can you tell me the logic in that in order to please God and whatever significance it has to you that makes sense?
    Yes, but that would be going down yet another tangent path. It should suffice for me to point out that there is nothing internally contradictory about understanding the plain Torah text regarding sacrifices at face value. This is not a parallel concept to the explanation of the resurrection, which does have that problem.
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 11:00 AM
    But it still is something you have to take by faith of why God would do something like that.
    It is something that really doesn't make much sense in a human reasoning so I would think if you can take that leap of faith. Also the Torah does teach in the three and you believe in the three just not the way Christians do. I take it you are a Jew and God says he loves the Jew first and then the gentile so maybe you don't even need to worry about the trinity being one. I don't know.

Aug 15, 2008, 11:08 AM
    This is a subjective answer that is easily proven unsatisfactory: Catholics believe they have a valid, personal relationship with God, and pray to Mary. Mormons believe they have a valid, personal relationship with God, and believe we can all become gods. Muslims believe they have a valid, personal relationship with God, and deny the trinity. Zoroastrians believe they have a valid, personal relationship with God... Heck, even the Heaven's Gate cult who committed mass suicide at the approach of comet Hale-Bopp in 1997 believed they had a valid, personal relationship with God! Are they ALL right because they "feel" they are? The Jewish bible warns against exactly this sort of subjective "feeling" as justification for your religion: 1 Kings 18:

So we know that 'feeling' is not enough. There are externally-verifiable requirements. I have pointed out an internal contradiction in Christian dogma. I have shown that 'feeling' is not enough. Can you not address the point of the OP?
    "Jesus is the way the truth and the light NO ONE comes to the Father except through Him"

Aug 15, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Jesus is the way the truth and the light NO ONE comes to the Father except through Him"
    I'll take that as your inability to come up with a relevant response.
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 11:13 AM

You are right that 'feeling' or putting your faith in a denomination is not enough.
    I do not trust religions because they give you man made formulas.
    That is why I said to ask God to open your spiritual eyes and heart and ask him to reveal himself to you. The Bible says pray and seek the truth and study the word and he will lead you.

Aug 15, 2008, 11:19 AM
    ZachZ to answer the OP...

He (Jesus) is fully God and fully Man like you said and He came back to life after 3 days... who did that, He did, He is fully God and fully man.

That is fairly easy for me to understand, to try to explain it in some deeply theologolical way would be to discredit that fundamental tenant of the faith

Aug 15, 2008, 11:20 AM
    I'll take that as your inability to come up with a relevant response.

You asked if they were all right and I posted my response, that to me is a relevant response

Aug 15, 2008, 11:21 AM
    You are right that 'feeling' or putting your faith in a denomination is not enough.
    I do not trust religions because they give you man made formulas.
    That is why I said to ask God to open your spiritual eyes and heart and ask him to reveal himself to you. The Bible says pray and seek the truth and study the word and he will lead you.
    Who says my spiritual 'eyes' are not already open? Who says He has not already revealed Himself to me? Who says I do not already wear kippah, tallis and tefillin and pray daily?

If you claim that because I do not 'feel' what you think you feel, you're back to arguing against what you yourself just agreed with!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My ex doesn't want to provide... [ 2 Answers ]

My "ex" has been "starting a business" for about 4 years now. As you can imagine- he has not been consistent paying child support during this time. I'm wondering how to prove his income when I finally take him to court ( I have every reason to believe he is making some sort of money, he travels a...

Return a NEW car if body work is not satisfactory [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new car. The car was covered in pollen when I bought it and I asked if they could at least rinse it off before we leave. They said they would detail it for us so should bring it back in a few days. The next day it rained and rinsed off the pollen. We noticed a couple of...

Can anyone Provide an example of [ 3 Answers ]

An activity the Department of Homeland Security has engaged in that you believe supports it mission and one you do not.:confused:

DNS Query Query. A Query about DNS Queries... [ 12 Answers ]

I am a software developer, I don’t know much about networks. I have a working network but with one weird (well to me it’s weird) problem. If you can offer any insight I’ll be very grateful! <!--- Image Attachment Below (I couldn't find a way to paste it here in the editor :-( ) ---> ...

View more questions Search