Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Calleemom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Cycle has Multiple Personalities
    Hello, I am new here and I am hoping someone can help me. My soon to be husband and I (I am 30 and he is 35, we have no kids) have been trying to conceive for about 8 months now. I stopped taking birth control pills in January after taking them for 14 years (wasn't ready for baby and was taking different ones over that period). Now that I have stopped taking them my past cycles have been really different and irregular.

After I stopped taking them I didn't get my period back until March 13, lasted 4 days and no cramps or PMS.
    Next one 41 days later on April 23 lasted 4 days, bad cramps and PMS.
    Then, in 30 days on May 22 another 4 days, no problems,
    No period in June (though I was pregnant took test negative).
    Got period on July 9, 3 days, light cramps,
    Now 35 days later I have my period now. Really bad cramps that kept me up all night.

I am worried that we will never get pregnant because will all these different cycle lengths it is hard to figure out my fertile days and I never know when my period will come. What should I do? Please help me! :confused:
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 09:17 AM
    I am not a doctor but I know from experience that after I stopped taking birth control my periods were very irregular, at one point in time lasting nearly 3 months. I am sure it is not impossible to get pregnant, but it will take your body some time to regulate itself. I would try and take the pressure off getting pregnant and enjoy your relationship, now that you are off birth control getting pregnant will happen it is just a matter of patience and sometimes too much pressure can make getting pregnant that much harder. If you are extremely concerned you could try a fertility clinic doctor and work your way from there, but I believe your experience is normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple personalities killing [ 13 Answers ]

Undefinedundefinedundefined :rolleyes: if a person with multiple personalities kills himself is it considered a homicide?

Symbolic of all our moods or personalities [ 2 Answers ]

I had seen a picture possibly watercolor that was of a person holding probably 10 to 12 heads in their arms. My take on the picture was of all the different personalities or moods that we hold within ourselves. Can anyone give me a lead on the title or artist? Thanks

In Plants: Light Cycle vs Dark Cycle vs Calvin Cycle vs Cellular Respiration? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me the difference between these? I am trying to write a lab report and have no idea what I'm writing about.

View more questions Search