Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovie1 Posts: 104, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 04:21 AM
    How to dissolve musk ketone?
    I want to know what solovent is used to dissolve musk ketone crystals? Because regular carrier oils and ethanol alcohol do not dissolve them. I went of basenotes.net and they would not even respond to my post so I thought maybe that I could get an answer here.

Thanks in advance.:)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 04:35 AM
    Is this because you are manufacturing a certain scent ? I found this information, don't know if it is what you want:

Soluble in : Alcohol, Paraffin oil, 8.9g - 100g Methylcarbitol, 25.4g to 100g Benzyl Benzoate, 16.5g to 100g Diethylphthalate.

Aug 12, 2008, 04:45 AM
    This is help vey helpful. Thank you. And no I'm not manufacturing I'm a perfume hobbist and I just recently brought some musk ketone to experiment with but I needed the other componets I guess. Thank you!

Aug 12, 2008, 04:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    Is this because you are manufacturing a certain scent ? I found this information, dont know if it is what you want:

Soluble in : Alcohol, Paraffin oil, 8.9g - 100g Methylcarbitol, 25.4g to 100g Benzyl Benzoate, 16.5g to 100g Diethylphthalate.
    Have you used musk ketone before? I want to try and make a redemption of coty wild musk oil. I just need to know what is in it!1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Deep venous thrombosis-- how long will it take to dissolve [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I hope someone can help me with a question. I live in Scotland and need some help please. I have a friend who has Gastric Bypass surgery and ended up with a DVT in Leg leg located near the fermoral artery. She was on Heparin and is now on waffarin( blood thinner) . She is at home now...

How to file a motion to dissolve a writ of garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I see lots of post here about bank account garnishment, but no one every updates as to what steps they took after the fact. I'm wanting to know exactly what I need to do in order to file a motion to dissolve a writ of garnishment on my bank account? Has anyone had any luck with this as of yet?

Why does sucrose dissolve in water? [ 2 Answers ]

Why does sucrose dissolve in water?

Kenmore Dishwasher won't dissolve soap [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore dishwasher has stopped dissolving the Cascade power packs I use. The cascade comes out of the dispenser but is solid at the end of the wash cycle. I can hear water rushing around inside so have no idea what is wrong. Any ideas??

View more questions Search