Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannoncoaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 03:29 AM
    How do you make him better as a boyfriend?
    OK, so I started dating this guy about a month ago and a week after we started 'going out' he went away for college about an hour away, which isn't bad... but he barely calls me, he said he was coming down for the past two weekends but has bailed both times, and the second time had no reasonable explanation... do I dump him?do I try talking to him about calling me more often even though I have already? What do I do?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 11, 2008, 09:30 AM
    No, break off any bf/gf titles you have, but no need to "dump" him. Just acknowledge you're in different places with different opportunities and let it be honest.

You're trying to "MAKE" something continue here that probably can't. You see that already.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 09:34 AM
    You can't "make" anybody a better boyfriend.

The only person you have control over is you.

If you feel that you need to "make" or "change" him or how he behaves, then he is not the right one for you.

Just end it and spend your time finding someone who is already more to your liking, someone who doesn't need to be changed.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Can't make someone a better boyfriend... you can't make anyone better at anything by forcing them.

Seems like he's pretty busy with college, and chances are, you two will slowly drift apart. Since this is happening at the beginning of the relationship, there's really no need to get too deep into this. I suggest you ask yourself what other options you might have, and then go from there.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2008, 11:35 AM
    I agree with the others you can not make or change him. You adjust, compromise, work things out or else move on.
    He is away and he has not said it is over so I see no reason to dump him unless you want to move on with your life like dating. Otherwise just hang in there until you see what way things are going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Make my boyfriend understand [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Im from India. I and my boyfriend are in relationship for the past 3 years. I love him a lot. I can't live without him. I wanted to marry him this year and start family. But due to our custom in the community he wanted me to go to UK for education with him and later marry. I had so much...

How can I make my boyfriend be the 1st taking iniciative [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am a frustrated girl because my boyfriend never takes iniciative concerning sex - it is always me - if we have sex it is because me, he does not touch my body, not lick me, I do many things to him, I kiss his body, I do oral sex to him even I have swallow the sperms to make him turn on more...

Should the boyfriend always make the first move? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here's my question... Are the boyfriends supposed to always be the ones to put the first moves on every time they fool around with their girlfriend? Or can it be from both of them? It seems like she always wants me to put the first moves on her but I never know when the right time is or if...

My virgin boyfriend doesn't want to make love with me [ 17 Answers ]

Hey all, I am 18 and my boyfriend is 19, and we have been going out on and off since I was 8. between I have dated two other people and my boyfriend hadn't gone out with any girl besides me, which makes him a virgin. This time being out 4th time going out, we have fallen more and more in love, and...

Boyfriend does not make an effort to meet me [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my boyfriend says he loves me but he does not make an effort to meet me just me and him... his best mate says he is just not good with girls, but i don't know what to think. I keep on thinking about ending it with him, but i think i would regret it after cos i do really like him!!:( can people...

View more questions Search