Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelcake12 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Will we absolutley have to break up?
    I'm thirteen
    And my boyfriend is sixteen.
    If we last for two years (which I highly doubt will happen... I just don't think guys can Really fall in love with girls)
    But since he will be an Adult and I will be A minor... Will we have to break up?
    But anyway
    I have another question too.
    Ive usually been the dumpee.
    Except for like twice.
    But Can guys Really Love a girl.
    Yeh I know 90% of you think I'm too Young to be thinking about love.
    But I don't look Or ac like Im thirteen.
    I grew up aound teenagers my whole life.
    So much That I can't Even Get along with most people younger than me.
    Too much drama.
    But like I said Do guys Actually fall in love with girls.
    Ive Always thought That girl were like a new toy to guys.
    Just something they have and like to show off.
    My boyfriend doesn't treat me like that,But other guys did.
    And I just Really don't know if He actually likes me.
    Sooo can you help me?
    DrLang Posts: 98, Reputation: 10

Aug 10, 2008, 03:30 PM
    No, you will not need to break up. However, be mindful of the fact that if you have sexual relations, he will be guilty of statutory rape under the law.

Second, yes, guys can fall in love with girls. Teenage guys have a tendency to be immature, and may exhibit some of the negative things that you mention, but they CAN and do fall in love. If you think a guy is treating you the way you think we do, you would do well to move on from him.
    Rabbit91 Posts: 74, Reputation: -5
    -

Aug 11, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcake12
    I'm thirteen
    and my boyfriend is sixteen.
    If we last for two years (which I highly doubt will happen......I just dont think guys can Really fall in love with girls)
    but since he will be an Adult and i will be A minor...Will we have to break up?
    But anyways
    i have another question too.
    Ive usually been the dumpee.
    except for like twice.
    but Can guys Really Love a girl.
    Yeh I know 90% of you think im too Young to be thinking about love.
    But I dont look Or ac like Im thirteen.
    I grew up aound teenagers my whole life.
    So much That i can't Even Get along with most people younger than me.
    Too much drama.
    But like I said Do guys Actually fall in love with girls.
    Ive Always thought That girl were like a new toy to guys.
    Just something they have and like to show off.
    my boyfriend doesnt treat me like that,But other guys did.
    And i just Really dont know if He actually likes me.
    Sooo can you help me??
    Most certainly guys fall in love, they might not be the most mature human- beings about it but they do.

I think saying every guy is the same is a bit of a bottomless statement. Every human-being is different.. from maturity level to experiences etc..

I don't believe there are any laws against dating/age it's the sexual aspects that have limitations and laws to be broken. He is 3years older which.. is a barrier to over come. Its not a huge barrier but you guys should be careful of what you do on your "spare time."

P.S you really shouldn't be having the mentality of "being the dumpee" that's just stupid.. if there are no other 'problems' in the relationship then age limitations it shouldn't cause a break-up. I think this whole situation was a bit "immature" to advertise. Next time do research, I'm sure you have heard of Google or Yahoo.com.

Rabbit-
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit91
    I think this whole situation was a bit "immature" to advertise. Next time do research, im sure you have heard of Google or Yahoo.com.

Rabbit-
    Why do you say that? People come here asking questions all the time and often WAY more personal so why do you think it was ''immature to advertise''?
    -

Aug 11, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Why do you say that? People come here asking questions all the time and often WAY more personal so why do you think it was ''immature to advertise''?
    Its immature because she puts a figuratively easy situation into a complex equation.

"Will I absolutely have to dump my boyfriend in 2 years cause hes older then me?"
    "Im usually the dumpee and im really mature"

a) You can advertise the situation like "I am scared that when my boyfriend turns 18 (i will be 15) we will have to take a break due to age limitations. Does anyone know anythin about age restrictions?"

But its put in a total different statement which is saying "hey I know the answers to my questions I just want to hear them in different sequences."
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Umm for one thing maybe because she doesn't really know the age laws and
    Many states nobody under 16 can have sex with anybody legally so even at her age it is illegal for her to now until she turns 16. Some states really don't have strict age limits and just say as long as it is a minor teen with a minor teen. Then in some states she could only be sexual with him if they are both between 16-18 while other states it is 16 can not be with anybody more than 4 years older than they are. Also what I get from her question and many ask it here besides her is

Can she even be dating a guy older than her legally. Many teens think the law means not only no sex but no dating.
    -

Aug 11, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Umm for one thing maybe because she doesn't really know the age laws and
    many states nobody under 16 can have sex with anybody legally so even at her age it is illegal for her to now until she turns 16. Some states really don't have strict age limits and just say as long as it is a minor teen with a minor teen. Then in some states she could only be sexual with him if they are both between 16-18 while other states it is 16 can not be with anybody more than 4 years older than they are. Also what I get from her question and many ask it here besides her is

Can she even be dating a guy older than her legally. Many teens think the law means not only no sex but no dating.
    18 / 15 = no go

18/16 in Canada and a few states = OK

They are three years apart not two.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2008, 07:32 AM
    She is from Orlando (Florida)
    So yes she can not be with him sexually until she is 18

I think about 3 or 4 states the age of consent is 15

Aug 13, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Okayy...
    ?
    His birthday is June 12th and mine is November 8th
    So he just turned sixteen.
    But do both of you two mean we'd technically have to be apart for a few months until I turn Sixteen?
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 01:03 PM
    You can go out together JUST no sex. If you were to get pregnant or your parents pressed charges he could be charged with statutory rape. Also some states hospitals can report him for statutory rape because you are a minor and he isn't.

Aug 13, 2008, 01:06 PM
    My parents have known him for awhile.
    So I'm almos absolutley sure they wouldn't press charges.
    But Why would the hospitals do that?
    And Do they have to know the father?
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Some are mandated to report that it depends on your states law.
    You do not have to put the dads name on the Birth certificate but it can sometimes be a real headache if you don't and later need to or want to

Aug 13, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Okay.
    So I'm going to look at the states law.
    Im going to Google it.
    But how would the hospital find out if he was older than me anyway?
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 01:17 PM
    When he goes to sign the birth certificate I think.

BUT if you do not add him and later he leaves you, you break up, or whatever and you don't have him on the birth certificate he could deny he is the dad and you would have to get a paternity test done and add him to the birth certificate to get child support.

The best thing is to wait until later to have sex. You are too young and should wait.
    And don't get pregnant.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 01:19 PM
    I think you're a bit premature in asking this question. At your age(s) people get together and break up all the time, just enjoy each others company and if it does end up lasting 2 more years well then there are the points above to consider.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit91
    Its immature because she puts a figuratively easy situation into a complex equation.

"Will I absolutely have to dump my boyfriend in 2 years cause hes older then me?"
    "Im usually the dumpee and im really mature"

a) You can advertise the situation like "I am scared that when my boyfriend turns 18 (i will be 15) we will have to take a break due to age limitations. Does anyone know anythin about age restrictions?"

But its put in a total different statement which is saying "hey I know the answers to my questions I just want to hear them in different sequences."
    So you just don't like the phrasing of the question?

Aug 13, 2008, 01:30 PM
    I know I was just curious.
    And That's why I asked if a guy actually could love a girl.
    Because I didn't know how long we would be together.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 01:38 PM
    The reason I am saying all this is because way too often teens think of the casual side of sex and they do not think ahead and then they end up pregnant and with all kinds of real life problems they never thought to consider first.
    It is always best to go slow and wait.

Aug 13, 2008, 01:54 PM
    I understand.
    I really don't want kids.
    I watchmy sisters all day every day.
    (as you can tell from my other post)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am so confuesed. Break? Does that mean break up? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend decided to text me and tell me we needed a break. He promised me we would get back together. He said he keeps thinking about the past and stupid stuff. He said I was his everything and that we would be back together real soon. His ex has kept bothering him.. and now we talk but I...

Break up and taking a break [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend asked for a break because he's been too busy. Its been a week and I'm not sure whether were on a break or completely done. The last he told me was that we weren't completely done. But how do I know if we're still on a break or if its over?

Should we break up [ 14 Answers ]

I've been dating my girlfriend for a year , she is still married and always tryies to avoid the topic of divorce. She says that its hard for her and she will deal with it when she's ready. I told her that if I wanted to get married one day I couldn't marry her. That makes me sad,she says mean...

View more questions Search