Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbteeitup Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Hood latch handle
    Just bought a used 1998 Chevy truck. Inside the cab the hood release lever is broke (missing). The cable is still there and the end of the cable still has an end on it. I can pull on the end and easily release the hood, but if it easy to put a handle back on it then I would (assuming I can find a salvaged one). Is this easy to repair?

Thanks,
    dbteeitup
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 08:33 AM
    The handle is not available separate from the cable. The entire cable (including the housing) all the way from the handle to the hood latch is serviced as a single piece.
    I've seen numerous items fashioned to work in leiu of replacement.
    The niftiest: a carved wooden T-handle with a finely carved notch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub drain latch won't stay open [ 2 Answers ]

My father's Drain but he called me and I am stumped. It is a flip un to open down to close levers attached to the overflow plate. He wants it down /drain open while he showers but it pops back to closed. He replaced it but is questioning his install and the problem isn't fixed. He assures me the...

Replacing Cooking Hood with Microwave/Hood Combo [ 2 Answers ]

The hood is presently hardwired. How do I turn this into a socket for the microwave?

Latch system? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help I was searching the web and didn't come up with any answers I have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo and I was wondering if anyone knew if it had the latch system for the car seat? And were would I find it. I was looking today but I wasn't sure were to look...

Latch Key Kids Safety [ 3 Answers ]

I am a computer programmer and I am looking for feedback from parents. I am considering developing a Home Alone monitoring system for Latch Key Kids. The system would monitor the house for access/exits, smoke, power outage and the child via safety verification entries. I am looking for input...

View more questions Search