Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HelpSkippy Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 12:41 AM
    Girls always go for my friends
    I hang out with a group of guys - say 4/5 of us usually and whenever we meet girls, they are always always attracted to my friend. I know this sounds stupid, but its true. They just look at me and look away. They don't talk to me, or show any interest. I wonder what have I done wrong. My friends are very good looking and confident so I guess that is why girls are attracted to them. But I feel I have something to offer too. I know I'm not that attractive, but I have had good, long relationships in the past, so I know I can get on with girls. The trouble is all girls are attracted to this one guy. OK he is very looking, so they like him. Then they all start talking to him and they get jealous of each other, and they all want him etc... My point is that when I meet a group of girls, I never judge them on attractiveness. I prefer to get to know each one first. One of my best relationships was when I went for the shy girl who didn't stand out at first. I did this through being understanding and listening and getting to know her. Not by jumping straight for the hot girl.

It just frustrates me that people can be so untactful at times. What do I do? Find some ugly mates so that girls will like me?

I guess what I am trying to say is girls - keep an open mind! Don't just go instantly for the best looking guys and follow each other. Its pathetic! I guess girls just always want what other girls have?

Sorry for the rant. I feel better now though :-)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 01:02 AM
    Well, I'm glad that you have vented your frustration here, but it still doesn't solve your problem.

One thing that I would suggest is to get involved in a group or club of some kind that doesn't involve the guy friends that you currently have.

What kind of interests do you have as far as things that you like to do?

Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 07:49 AM
    What your doing is hunting in a pack, and given the choices, he is the better hunter, for now. Don't go hunting for girls in a pack, and you will not only get better opportunities, but more rewarding experiences. That should help your ego from being bruised so much.

Also have you noted the type of females he attracts?? Observe more, and take it less personal, and you may see something that makes his position less favorable.

There is a lesson to be learned, so pay attention, and find your own hunting grounds, not his.
    steph86 Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Aug 11, 2008, 02:13 PM
    I must say I agree with Clough. Get involved in some club or group on your own and meet new girls there.

Even though it's great to have close friends, it's not good to hang out with the same group of people all the time. Make an effort to get to know new people in your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

View more questions Search