Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RNM Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 12:01 PM
    He hasn't written a mail back in 4 days, is he interested?
    Hi,

There is this guy I met a week ago and we exchanged numbers, however I wrote to him first a text message and then he gave me his mail addresse so I added him to msn (IM) and then we hadn't spoken at all together, but then 3 days later he writes me an email first and he says how much he had a great time with me that day and he says that we will probably talk some later. So of course I was thrilled and so excited to hear this from him and I wrote a mail back to him the next day, but he hasn't written to me for 4 days now, does that mean anything?? I really want to hear from him or talk to him, but I don't want to be pushy or intimidating. My email to him was short and simple and we just spoke about what it is he does of activities and I asked him a question or two so it was a nice mail I sent him. But could I write to him first on IM now? But if I really want to know if he's interested should I just wait till he writes back to me? Pleeeeeease help me, because I really like this guy, he is such a sweetheart. Thanks.
    brownes88 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Aug 8, 2008, 12:10 AM
    Hi, I know exactly how you feel, it's the worst feeling. Why don't you send him a text message instead of an e-mail, I'm not too sure what he does etc but he may not of seen his mail yet but if you text or even call at least you'll know that he def got your message. It sounds though that he does like you as he got in contact - just play it cool, send a message, just light hearted asking if he wants to catch up etc and if you hear nothing back then you'll know your answer, best of luck

Aug 8, 2008, 02:57 AM
    Yeah exactly, play it cool. Thanks for your answer. Last night I was on IM and he wrote to me!! He wrote to me first and then we spoke for like 45 mins:D so it was excellent, it was a nice talk and we had a few laughs. I really hope he's interested in me.

Aug 11, 2008, 12:49 PM
    I'm confused about this guy, is he interested in me?
    hi!
    there is this guy I've met a few weeks ago and we've been talking on msn, he has given me a few compliments that I look good, and we can talk for an hour or two. Even though sometimes we might not know what to say he still tries to make conversation and so do I, and he had to leave the discussion at one point and said, 'you'll be on maybe later? Who knows' and that was last night we talked and then today he wrote me again all of sudden and then we talked for 2 hours about random stuff but that was the fun thing it was really good. But then we'd talk about the olympics and he'd say that he watched the women's volley ball game and he said they were hot. And then today he said that he wanted to go to california/NY where there were hot girls. I like him, and I didn't like him talking to me as if I was a guy buddy, and he said well girls know when girls look good. But why was he telling me this about hot girls? Even when he would give me a compliment. I would then say afterwards at another time, that I think this other actor looks hot, but then he'd find something to make me think he isn't so hot anymore and then at one point he sends me a picture of himself with sunglasses on and I said that he looked good and he should have boughten them, but it was sarcastic like because the sunglasses he had on were a joke because they were for girls, and then he was like are you being sarcastic? I was like yah, and he's like damn. I was like what? And he's like, nothing... so did that mean he wanted me to really mean he looked good? And then he started talking about how he looked fat in the picture and how he had gained weight, and I was like nooooo you don't you look really good. And then he started describing his body to me, and I didn't even ask him to. So why did he start telling me this about how he looked? Does this guy like me is he interested in me??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2008, 12:58 PM
    A. Either he likes you
    Or
    B. He is a player like many guys on the chats and I-M's

Aug 17, 2008, 10:59 PM
    Why would he talk to me about these other girls?
    Hey,
    I'm talking with this guy online a few times a week since he lives in another country. We met in my home town here and then we kept contact. So I've gotten these compliments from him about my looks a few times and we'd talk for hours, but sometimes he'd mention oh that actress is hot, and then yesterday all of a sudden he wrote on instant messenger.. ''omg my ex girlfriend wrote to me on IM'' and he said he didn't like it, that it was awkward and he thought he blocked her.. and then he said that I looked way better than his ex girlfriend. My question is, why would he even mention to me that he was talking to his exgirlfriend and tell me that this other actress is hot??
    hiyaparis Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 17, 2008, 11:19 PM
    Maybe this is his way of hitting on you.

By making sure you know you are hotter than his ex.

As for the actress he may see you as the type of person whom isn't jelous of movie star fantasies.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2008, 12:13 AM
    He may be checking to see what your response is to these statements. It might be no big deal at all for him to comment on such things. Tell him what's up, how you feel and how what he is doing is causing you to wonder.

Aug 20, 2008, 09:12 AM
    How to let this guy know that I really like him?
    Hey,

There's this guy I really like, but I want to make sure he gets that I'm interested in him, and that I like him. But we only talk over instant messaging because he lives 4 hours away, but we can still visit each other. But then my question is, how do I get him to know that I'm really interested in him by telling him over instant messaging??

Thanks
    Mary Cannon Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Really, I don't think that IM is the best way to communicate that kind of feeling. When it comes to serious feelings they are always better relayed in person. You might suggest some sort of get together. Body language is a serious way of communication, whether you are aware of it or not, a lot of people pick up on it. You obviously don't want to come right out and say that you like him, because everyone likes a good chase. Play a little hard to get, be flirty, and see if he bites, if he does, you know his feelings are probably the same. Then you can sart suggesting other get togethers. Good luck! Please keep in mind that most guys are oblivious to hints, you have to be a little more aggressive, show confidence, and show that you are interested without just cocming out and saying it.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 20, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Ignoring reality is a bad idea. Romantic? Yes, but still bad mojo.

Unless you are prepared to make the 4 hour trip (EACH WAY) several times a week, then elevating any feelings you have for your IM-buddy is pointless. You're choosing to needlessly add frustration to your lives.

Feelings are nice, and motivating, but you have to LIVE in reality. Seriously think about what it means to try and START a relationship in geographically disparate locations. It's a non-starter, and you should be able to realize that.

Keep your penpal. Shelve the love stuff, it's not practical and it will result in you and your penpal ending up NOT penpals anymore. No need for that.
    Mary Cannon Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Very true it is a trek to meet up, and unless you do want to make that travel every time you should find out if his feelings are the same. But you never know unless you try, and to just give up because you are far apart, could mean missing a chance at love. I have known a lot of people who have met online and they were states apart, but they clicked and have been married. So yes the reality of it is you are far apart, but if you guys click then you may be living in the same place. You can't be afraid of getting your heart broken, it happens and it sucks and you take that and grow from it to find out what you really want.
    ddkuttie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Well I Think Mary Cannon Is Right Im Is'nt A Good Way To Chat... Meet Him Somewhere Take Him With U To Go Bra Shopping Somewhere Turn Him On Then He'll No Your Intrested In Him

Aug 25, 2008, 09:20 AM
    How do I know when he's interested in me?
    Hey,

I really like this guy, and I think he knows I'm interested in him however we only speak over IM because we live so far away from each other. but how do i really know when he's interested in me, and how do i get him to be more obvious about his feelings for me? because I'm not sure if he's just being really nice or more than that. He has sent me this little video clip of himself, and then he wrote these beautiful lyrics about a girl, but he said he wanted me to read it and correct it, but he did not tell me if it was for a girl or anything as such just that he wanted me to read it. He will talk with me for hours and he has given me a few compliments about my looks and then we've joked around a bit about meeting up again ( we've only seen each other once the first time since we exchanged numbers) but then I don't know when he's serious about coming over. I just really feel frustrated about his feelings for me, because I really like him and I want to know if he feels the same with out being to direct towards him.

Thanks for the feedback I appriciate it!
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 04:18 PM
    How long have you been IMing?

You will only know if the person is serious if action and words come together. Without any of this two, things will be much ambigious and complicated.

Give it a time, observe then ask him.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 04:31 AM
    He likes you.

Now what? If you two are too far apart to have a real relationship, are you going to set aside all real options locally for this penpal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Buyer sign hand written agreement and then cancel the deal does get her money back? [ 5 Answers ]

The buyer and seller agree on the price for a 2006 scion xb with 12050 miles on it for 12000, and sign a handwritten agreement. She wrote me a $500 personal check to hold the car until Friday which is five days. I took it off the market for that time and had to turn down other offers for the car...

IS there chance for my to get deleted mail back ? Its very important [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way where I can get deleted mail?

My EX Wants me back after three DAYS [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, this forum is friggin awesome... I came across it a couple of days ago while looking up ways to get my ex girlfriend back (pathetic, I know). If you're not into reading rambling stories, here's the abstract: My GF of 2.5 yrs told me she wanted to meet other people two months ago. She made...

Getting back a sent e-mail [ 5 Answers ]

Hello.. Is there any way to unsend a sent e-mail. I just sent a nasty e-mail to someone because I misunderstood something that someone else said. I would like her to not read it but. I thought there was a way to do it if you were using a certain e-mail program but I can't really remember. ...

OE e-mail back up [ 2 Answers ]

How can I back up and save my e-mail folders in OE?

View more questions Search