Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr anonymous Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 08:01 PM
    For girls only. What should I say to you (be totally honest)
    If I saw you in the store or walking down the street, thought you were pretty and wanted to approach you. What should I say to you and how would you want me to say it. I'm a little shy (but working on my confidence), not into pick up lines, just want to be myself and don't want any awkaardness :)

What would put a smile on your face?
    foreverblue8691 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Aug 8, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Just talk. Try to figure out common interests. No harm in talking :)
    PJ75 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 08:24 AM
    Just be yourself. Start with a simple "hi how are you" and see where it goes from there. Most women like being approached with a simple hello instead of a pick up line.

And don't forget to smile!
    tadita83 Posts: 130, Reputation: 16

Aug 8, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Hi is a good way to start. After that just talk about something you have in common. Of course you just met so you don't really know what you have in common, but you know you have one thing in common, the place you met. Look around, find something to talk about that you can both put in some input. If you're at a store and she's looking at something. Say hi and something like "you've got good taste" or something like that.
    iDish Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Aug 8, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Well since you are judging the women by how they look, you must consider the fact that they are going to judge you in the same way. You don't have to wow the girl with great lines because the fact that you are walking up to her is impressive enough. To show you risked total embarrassment by attempting to talk to her (because she could be mean or want to embarrass you) says a lot about you. So she'll be impressed by that. BUT, just like her first impression to you was her looks, YOUR first impression to her will also be looks. So confidence and what you say may not be enough. If you are going to approach girls you don't know in an unfamiliar environment (i.e mall, store, etc... ) instead of a familiar girl in a familiar environment (i.e school, work, etc... ) then prepare yourself for the worst. Because some girls might not think you are attractive. They may be flattered that you came up to them. But the may not be physically attracted to you. So make sure you take that into consideration before approaching a girl. Be realistic. Look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "Could I reeeeeaaallllyyy get that girl? Or am I in over my head?" Remember. 5's don't get 10's. And 2's don't get 7's. Make sure you stay within your league. And if you want to take a chance and shoot for someone who IS out of your league then good luck. It may happen. It might not. It depends on the girl.

But after you've been given the green light, ask her about herself. Remember, YOU can up to HER. So don't finding a topic her responsibility. Have your stuff in order before continuing. What's you're name? My name is... Nice to meet you. Do you go to school around here? So do I. Blah blah blah. But don't let it carry on for too long. Remember she's out for a reason. She may need to finish shopping. Or buy something before it's sold out. Or catch up with some friends. So keep it short and then get the number.

Lol I don't think you need any more instruction than that.

Aug 8, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Lol your right iDish. Maybe its not instruction I'm lacking maybe I'm scared someone will just laugh at me.

Maybe you think I'm talking about picking up hot girls to get dates or get a girlfriend. Although I want to, I'm not. Just having a normal conversation with a girl with no intentions. Even just smiling and saying hi has made me go jelly knees before.

Foreverblue- in your opinion do girls get hit on on a regular basis and do you think they appreciate it or think 'i wish all these guys would stop hitting on me all the time'

Just a thought?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 06:36 PM
    I know this thread is only for girls...

But mr anonymous, here's a tip...

You should actually ask GUYS that question, and see what worked.

Sure, you can ask the store owner which product works best... but getting suggestions from the people that actually USE the product may be even better.

This works for me... about 95% of the time. Sure, I don't always get their number... but they at least talk to me, get my name, and I get their names, and we have a nice, short chat.

Are you ready for this method?

It's..

(walk straight. No need to stick chest out, but at least have good posture)
    (smile on your face)
    (walk up to the girl)

Hi, how are you? I'm ______ (insert name here).

And then depending on the situation, you vary it up a bit... if it's a girl at school, "Can you believe that test?!?" if it's a girl at work, "How's your week going?"

etc. etc. etc.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Why does she have to be pretty?

Aug 8, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Why does she have to be pretty?
    That is a very good point. That's why guys usually find a girl attractive. We are very much stimulated by what we see.

'pretty' in my eyes may not be the same as pretty in sombody else's eyes...
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Very true. But then again, girls are also attracted to guys in the same way. Without knowing anything about that person, what else do you have to go on?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Eyes. It's the eyes.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Ah, for me, it's the teeth.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Teeth are good, shows how much a person likes him or herself, but the eyes are the windows of the soul. Eyes that squinch up a little when the person smiles.

Aug 9, 2008, 04:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Eyes. It's the eyes.
    Eyes?
    iDish Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Aug 9, 2008, 05:26 AM
    How about good eyes and teeth?
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Obviously, eyes matter too... but really, for me, the teeth does it. If I don't like your teeth (doesn't mean they have to be straight and sparkly... I just have to like it), then... sorry.
    MANDMO 91 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Ahah big a smile showing off your teeth and say hi! Start with that an dif she says hi back start of a conversation ! TRUST ME!! Keep it short and cute! Smiles made girls always smile back! Aaha

Aug 9, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Haha smile and wave boys, smile and wave

Maybe I have to learn to soften my face more. Sometimes when I'm dwelling on something serious. I tend to scrunch up my face a bit. I guess its not a good look :) :s
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 10:10 PM
    And when she talks, LISTEN, and ask questions to keep her talking. Women love to think the guy is actually listening to them talk. Make good eye contact without staring, and make noises like, "Oh, wow!" and "How interesting!" and "You don't say!" and "Hmmmm" and "Oh?" You can bore her later with all your own adventures once you've captured her heart.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2008, 01:20 AM
    I learned, from a young age, that the best way to get a woman to start talking to you consists of the four magic words:

How was your day?

... it's a 40 minute speech.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get her to be honest? [ 16 Answers ]

So I have this friend who I've known for six years and we've always been there for each other. But in the last couple of years I keep catching her lying to me and my three other best friends. The thing is that they aren't little white lies, they're big things that could get people into trouble. The...

Should I feel bad about being honest [ 4 Answers ]

It has been awhile since my last post and needless to say things have not changed much. I am little bit concerned because I love my husband but am unsure about the outcome of our marriage, we are still no closer to being on the same page and new things have come to my attention that I am really...

Where are the honest people? [ 5 Answers ]

Owner lost house but we still paid rent, what can I do??

To be honest is to. What? [ 14 Answers ]

This is bound to spark an interesting discussion( Or, at least, get people talking.) Honesty is the best policy.

Unfaithful but honest [ 5 Answers ]

My Nane is Martin I'm 35 years old and have a 26 year old girlfriend, recently I came clean as I couldn't live myself and told her I had been unfaithful a few months ago that I was very sorry for doing so, but had to be honest. She was very upset and went to stay with friends where she is now 3...

View more questions Search