Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 07:46 PM
    What's your NC number? Keep the streak alive!

When a relationship ends we all need to achieve is the Ol' magic NC (No contact) - for consecutive days in a row.
    And here's a place to put your number up!

SO, where are you in the count?

Share your number:

1? 21? 61? 101? Or best of all:A GOOD NEW RELATIONSHIP
    (the goal of all this soul cleansing silence). Note: If you've called, texted, emailed, or visited though it.. uhhh... resets to zero :rolleyes:
    We are all rooting for you - even if you have to restart again!

STARTING OVER IS NORMAL AND 100% OK!! IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY.
    LostInHisEyez Posts: 130, Reputation: 15

Aug 6, 2008, 08:22 PM
    I was going on a week of NC, till he messaged me on myspace today to tell me that I hope I'm happy, because he definitely is.
    *crushed* =/
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 08:39 PM
    OK. Today is day 1!

In this era of myspace, Facebook, texting, emailing and cell phoning - it's harder than ever.

So, OK, starting over! Next Thursday you'll have gone father than ever... and one day it just won't matter...
    LostInHisEyez Posts: 130, Reputation: 15

Aug 6, 2008, 08:45 PM
    I wish it were easy.. but if you read my other posts, you can tell I'm just a mess.
    broken_arro Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 01:15 AM
    Day 11 here !
    iceeman Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2008, 02:33 AM
    Meh.. I broke mine about a week ago I was doing good for like a 4 weeks until I called her from which she ignored me again and got a email to leave her alone... so no NC or not I think I ruined it right there.. the 4 weeks were looking good to like I had a chance but whatever
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Lost... DELETE HIM from myspace and then block his user ID... plain and simple
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iceeman
    meh..i broke mine about a week ago i was doing good for like a 4 weeks until i called her from which she ignored me again and got a email to leave her alone...so no NC or not i think i ruined it right there..the 4 weeks were looking good to like i had a chance but whatever
    You didn't ruin it, but you had a setback! NORMAL!!

You probably benefitted from a little closure...

So, let's say you get a bonus of a week.

So, you are on... day 7 :-)
    HopeDiesLast Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Day 27 and I'm dying here. Seriously I think its getting worse!
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Nice one... almost a month.

(keep in mind once people feel OK they wander away from site, so we can't see everyone's "healing number")

It gets worse before it gets better because our brain fears the reality of the separation as it gets more real, but you will feel a change coming...

I recommend 90-100 minimum to get bearings... so stay strong.
    bigdee Posts: 132, Reputation: 20

Aug 7, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Well it's back to zero again since I heard from her this morning. It will continue to be like this until I cut all ties which I have finally decided to do.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdee
    well it's back to zero again since I heard from her this morning. It will continue to be like this until I cut all ties which I have finally decided to do.

No one said this was easy!!

Glad to hear you are going to take action!

We'll help you get your number up :cool:

Aug 7, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    nice one....almost a month.

(keep in mind once people feel ok they wander away from site, so we can't see everyone's "healing number")

it gets worse before it gets better because our brain fears the reality of the separation as it gets more real, but you will feel a change coming ....

i recommend 90-100 minimum to get bearings....so stay strong.

Does it help sometimes to make them realize what they lost?
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 08:35 AM
    You say and do all you have to at the start - and then silence is power.

Once NC begins that is your time.

If they don't come back then it is the universe's way of saying there is someone better out there for you...

Aug 7, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Thanks ash. I just need that reminder. You are right, as usual! :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Good new relationship on my end and now my ex is the one constantly talking to me, but I keep it friendly ha ha
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Nice one!

victory!

How many days until you felt good to go?
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Ha ha I actually lost count after the 3 month barrier... I had met the girl I was with in February, I wasn't looking for anything. I simply paged that it was her birthday over my old works loud speaker and we began talking. And then in March we started talking relationship wise, and have been together ever since.

My ex, well I broke NC I believe in May, because I felt content with my healing and knew I could handle it. She was asking if I had any doubts, was asking my friends how strong my new relationship was and telling people she is still in love with me. I simply told her, I will always have a place for you in my heart, but only as a friend. Our relationship was flawed, you decided to go your own way and I relucantly at first, went on mine and I feel as though we are both at terrific places in our lives.

She did NOT take it well
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Exactly.

90 days and things get fuzzy
    - unless you were married, engaged or cheated upon...
    Then you may need to add a few.

You are the poster boy for functional healing.

Well done man.

Aug 7, 2008, 10:15 AM
    What if you don't WANT to be over them? What if you're trying nc because you know you should but you actually want him to come back?
    I feel like ill be stuck in limbo forever

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Alive(?) [ 16 Answers ]

I was at a ski resort, and heard a song that was really good, in my opinion, that had the hook "I'm Alive" in it. The song had a sort of creppy-funk vibe. Sorry I can't give more info, but it's been awhile since I heard it, and it's driving me crazy. Thx in advance for any help.

Red streak from swelling in arm [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew has a red swollen and very tender area underneath his upper arm. There is no visible bite or injury to the area, but now has a red line running up the arm from the swollen area. This has been present for about five days with more swelling and redness each day. He has refused to seek...

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

Bald Streak on Head [ 1 Answers ]

My female cat (domestic) has suddenly acquired a white bald streak on the top of her head. On the skin is extremely small red dots almost like blisters. However only 3 or 4 are on it. I doubt she is stressed because it would be too hard for her to clean up there and she doesn't go outside. Does...

View more questions Search