Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daviszy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Adding someone to lease
    Hello,
    My boyfriend moved into my apartment, the lease is in my name. My landlord knows about this, but now he wants my boyfriend to be added to the lease. Legally can he do that, what if I want the lease to be in my name only. Can he force me to add him?
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Check your lease. If the boyfriend isn't on it, he's a guest, and many leases will limit how long guests can stay. So if you don't add him, be prepared for the landlord to invoke that clause and whatever penalties or actions apply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to enforce lease term/collect due rent when tenant breaks lease [ 8 Answers ]

My tenant who signed a 12-month lease in November just told me she is moving out in less than a week. She took it upon herself to prorate this month's rent. I would like to enforce the lease agreement and collect the rent for the remaining months of the term, but I need to know how to go about...

Adding a clause into a lease [ 1 Answers ]

We are about to sign a lease to rent a home from the owner in California for two years so that we can lower the rent. In past leases, there was a clause that allowed us to give 60 days notice (or two months rent) to break the lease. The landlord will allow me to add this in to the lease, but I...

Adding husband to lease [ 13 Answers ]

I asked my landlord can I add my then fiancé to lease when we got married. She didn't have a problem with it. We got married a few months ago, now she giving me the run around. What can I do. Do she have the right to not allow my husband on the lease.

Student Housing lease signed, no lease or security deposit. Can I cancel lease? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a student housing house. I require a $200 non-refundable lease deposit within 15 days of signing the lease (in this case it was due March 15). A $300 secutity deposit due June 1, and the rent less the lease deposit due August 28. I have a student that signed the lease, but never sent...

Adding someone to a lease [ 6 Answers ]

I just want to know if it is legal for a landlord to allow an additional person to sign a lease months after the original lease has been signed? Also is there a maximum number of tenants that can be signed on a lease? I thought that only two people were allowed per bedroom, but that might have just...

View more questions Search