Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luv2Dance Posts: 56, Reputation: 7

Aug 5, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Pounds vs. Body Fat
    I'm trying to lose weight... but I can't seem to shed pounds only body fat. My body fat percentage is dropping so easily but not the pounds... WHY NOTTTT?? I want that number to go down tooooo!!
    greyaura Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Small meal about the size of your palm every three hours. Really works. I was put on this diet after having my forth child. I'm more then satisfied with the results.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 12:05 PM
    If you have been improving your muscle tone and reducing fat you may not see a great difference in the numbers but you will in how your body looks. Look to how your clothes fit and how your body looks more than what the numbers on the scale show.
    You could weigh the same as someone with 30% body fat, but if your's is considerably less, you will look like you weigh less, be leaner, and probably more healthy.
    Luv2Dance Posts: 56, Reputation: 7

Aug 5, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greyaura
    Small meal about the size of your palm every three hours. Really works. I was put on this diet after having my forth child. I'm more then satisfied with the results.

Yes... I eat every 3 hrs... 3oz. Lean cut meat usually grilled chix or tuna with salad and 2 green veggies. Or supplement powerhouse bar or Myloplex Carb Control Shake. Def. satisfies! Great diet plan
    Has2LoseWeight Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 07:57 PM
    You may have been reducing body fat but gaining muscle through toning your body and muscle actually weighs more than fat.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 9, 2008, 02:33 AM
    I doubt if you really lost body fat. Your weight is based on the total of that of your bones, tissues, muscles, fat, and water.
    It is often difficult to see what you lost : fat or water.
    To loose fat takes a lot of time, a strong will, and a strict regime of energy intake versus energy consumption.
    To loose water is easy, but it is not permanent.
    Easiest way to loose a couple of kilograms in one day is by taking a diuretic (a pill that elevates the rate of urination). But if you take next day your 2 daily liters of water, these 2 kilograms are added again to your body weight.

Losing weight should be a way of life. Here is my advice to others :

===

The only proper and really effective way to lower your weight s through willpower.
    I do not know if you live on yourself or with others. If on yourself it is easier : SIMPLY DO NOT BUY THAT STUFF !

what you do not have at home, you can not eat nor drink in the weak hours...

Losing weight means a negative result of the subtraction of calory intake less calory use each day.
    A woman requires around 1500 calories (a male around 2000 calories) per day to stay on weight.
    That includes EVERYTHING that enters your mouth!!

Even a cup of tea without sugar without milk contains calories!!

Your daily intake should include things like vitamins and other "musts" : you do NEED veggies,
    you do NEED proteins, and - yes - you do NEED some fat daily.

===

What you should do : make a list of EVERYTHING you eat and drink on a day.
    Including water (of which you should drink at least 2 liters each day).

Calculate from that list the total amount of calories entering your mouth.
    See where you can reduce that intake. Out goes chocolade, out go cookies, out go alcohol, out goes sugar,
    out goes cola and any other sweet softdrinks, out goes any fat (there is much hidden fat in foodstuff -
    more than enough for your daily intake). Reduce intake of other carbohydrates , INCLUDING pasta!!
    And no more quarter pounder burgers with mayo and chips on the sideline !
    Forget the existence of MacD and BurgerKing !
    If you ever want to eat a burger : prepare it yourself ! KNOW what you eat !

In stay veggies and some limited amount of protein. Eat daily a salade of lettuce , tomatoes, and cucumber.
    Eat daily at least 3 pieces of different fruits. An apple a day... And that is only on the intake side!!

===

Now the outgoing side :

While you reduce the intake of energy, you now also have to increase the loss of energy inside your body,
    and the only way to do that is by burning up fats and carbs.

START EXERCIZING!! Use a bicycle instead of your car. Walk instead of using other means of transportation.
    Go to a gym. In your spare time take up a delivery job : start delivering daily newspapers, mail, or
    advertising stuff : besides that it uses energy, it also makes you fit.

Make a list of all the things you do on a daily basis, and see where you can change your habits to one in
    which you use more energy.

===

People who run a (half) marathon eat the day before a pasta meal to get a lot of extra energy in their body to
    consume the next day.
    But if you eat pasta and do not run that marathon, you add another pound or so to your body weight.

The problem with dieting is that most people have no idea how their body functions and how and why they keep gaining weight.

Now : at least I gave you the basics of that.
    It's up to you now to reduce that calory intake, and increase that calory consumption !

Success !

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is 180-200 pounds fat? [ 27 Answers ]

I'm a female and 21. About 5.6 tall. I'm around 180-210 pounds. I haven't gotten weight in a while. But is around that much heavy for me? Like, unhealthy? My fiancé tells me that I'm fine and I tell myself I'm fat. I hate the way I look and I've tried to lose weight in school~lost a lot but only...

Trying to say goodbye to 5 pounds--What to eat? [ 2 Answers ]

So right now I'm 5,5 and 135 pounds. I would like to loose five pounds rather quickly for an event coming up soon. What should I eat and what shouldn't I eat to be able to shed the pounds quickly. Also what can I eat that's healthy and that will actually keep me full?

I Need To Gain 15 Pounds [ 7 Answers ]

I Need Help... I'm A Female 5'5 Or 5'6 And I Weigh 110 Pounds. I Am Very Thin. I Can Fit Into A Size 1 Or 3 Depending On The Brand Or Style Of Pants, Shorts, Skirts Etc; I Am 10 Or 15 Pounds Underweight And I Don't Know What To Do! I Want To Be At An Average Weight For My Height... any...

What is stones in pounds [ 1 Answers ]

What is 10 stone in pounds?

How can I gain 15 pounds? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been trying to gain about 15 pounds for a couple of months but I'm stuck at 115. I'm 5'6 and I would love to gain a little weight. No matter how much I eat I can't gain any weight. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search