Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luv2Dance Posts: 56, Reputation: 7

Aug 5, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Start up issue
    My car is only 2 1/2 years old... I've noticed recently that when I start it up that sometimes when I go to put my foot on the gas for the 1st time it like a huge jolt as if I floored the gas when I really didn't, then it acts normal. It only does that at start up. I noticed it happens ore often if I go to pull out right away as soon as I as the engine... but the car is not old it shouldn't be doing this right? Is there a major problem that I should look into? God forbid someone were right behind my car... I never know when to expect my car to do that because it happen when it wants to. Any help?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Well Luv, it looks like it's time for a thottle body clean. The throttle plate likes to stick and release in the first start of the day unless it's been cleaned before.
    Sooner or later, this is a required maintenance.

Aug 5, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Oh thanks friend! Can I do this myself or do I need to bring it some place to be done?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Not too difficult. The large intake boot that goes from the air cleaner box to the throttle body needs to come off. Once removed, then you open the throttle plate and spray an intake system cleaner (in the ole days it was carb cleaner) into the throttle opening.
    I like to use an old toothbrush to scrub it clean.
    Then rinse with some more spray, and put back together. Use as little as possible to avoid flooding out the motor on start up. It will smoke a lot and doing this outside is a must.

Aug 5, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Thanks 4 your help... I'll get my brother on this task.. haha!! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start, ongoing issue. [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 1989 ford mustang, it's just a four cylinder tiny little thing, hardly a mustang. No horsepower, kind of ironic. I call it "my little pony". I have encountered my car not starting a few times now. I've only had it since August 07, and I'm 18 years old and female so I know nothing about...

Rheem Classic 90 Plus Blower start issue [ 11 Answers ]

The blower started acting up for few weeks. There was a several consistent short rumblings of the blower, something like half second on and half second off after ignition. Once the rumbling is over, the blower fan just works fine. I can also hear the relay inside the control box clicks when it...

Can't figure out how to start Probability Issue [ 1 Answers ]

In one town 64% of adults have health insurance. What is the probability that 10 adults selected at random all have health insurance? I feel like I need more information and I can't figure out how to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Snapper Riding Lawn mower electric start issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have a snapper riding lawn mower. I misplace the key 2 years ago, disconnected the electric start on it and have pull started it. I want to now use the electric start again. I got a new key, cleaned the plugs and plugged them back together. It will not start with the electric start. I have...

Mtd lawn tractor it start but want turn over ithink my issue is with the carburetor [ 2 Answers ]

What are the steps to rebuilding my 12.5 hp briggs n stratton carburetor please take in account I am a do it your selfer. Thanks for your help

View more questions Search