Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GABBY0124 Posts: 83, Reputation: 0

Aug 4, 2008, 05:17 PM
    How do I grow my hair back?
    My hair was really damaged from dye and bleach.It started to get really nasty and just break off.I got so upset that I cut it off today by myself and I cut it too short now I really hate it and regret it!What can I do to help my hair grow back?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Keep up the trims to keep away split ends. Don't dye or perm it for a while. Be patient.

Aug 4, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Yeah I know but I do not want to start school in September with this hair.Do you know about Dr.Miracles?Does it work?
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Only time will make hair grow. There has been no proven hair growth miracles...
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Or you could get a better cut and style to make you feel more comfortable with the short cut.

Short Hair Styles | Bob Hairstyles | Haircuts | Short with Bangs

Aug 4, 2008, 05:31 PM
    That's the thing my hair is very thin and my hairline is not very pretty so I really can not do much with my hair any ideas?
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Just be patient and let it grow... if the issue with the hairline, you can wear a one of those wide cloth headbands to cover that until it grows out...

Or a wig...

Or extensions.

Aug 4, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Do you know the price of extensions?I never bought them so I wouldn't know.
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:41 PM
    The prices varies with color, length, amount, and place they are purchased. Go to a few salons in your area and compare prices.

Aug 4, 2008, 05:45 PM
    o.k I will do that thanks...
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
    No problem... Good luck.
    delight Posts: 33, Reputation: 3
    -

Aug 8, 2008, 09:23 AM
    What is your hair condition now?
    Weirdcult Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Shave it completely off for charity then wear a cute hat. Anyone mocking you will be mocking your generous nature and will look bad themselves. Not ideal by any means, but perhaps a good diversion while your hair grows out. It will only take about a week for everyone to get used to your look anyway.
    -

Aug 9, 2008, 01:28 AM
    Wow!

Aug 9, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Wow!! I want to grow my hair back not have any at all! I know that would be a good thing to do but just not for me... thanx
    -

Aug 10, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GABBY0124
    Wow!!!I want to grow my hair back not have any at all! I know that would be a good thing to do but just not for me...thanx
    Okay, Gabby! I understand your dilemma, but kindly tell me if you have ever got your hair short earlier, I mean have you been getting trims or bobs or cuttings even, REGULARLY, or not? Moreover, I presume that it is a little difficult when you have cut it only once...

Pl reply!!

Aug 10, 2008, 10:41 AM
    No I get my hair cut every three months but I usually have long layers and long bangs where I know what to do with it but I have not had my hair this short in years anh I hate it!So to answer your question yes I get cuts regularly... and no its not always the same cut but I get in styled long not short!
    Vision Expert

Aug 10, 2008, 05:45 PM
    The only thing that you can do is learn to work with what you've got.
    Ivets Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Aug 10, 2008, 10:42 PM
    Hey,

I know EXACTLY how you feel right now. I have very curly hair and used to blow dry it/ flat iron it like no other. In January I had gotten some nice very blonde highlights in my very dark brown hair and then my hair just started breaking off. It went from being a little past my shoulders to having a few straggley ends there with everything else shorter. I went and saw a hairstylest who cut of the ends BUT listened to me and didn't cut it shorter than I wanted. BUT I wanted a miracle right away because I had been trying to grow my hair out for so long. I went out and bought hair pills chock full of vitamins, got awesome conditioners (Redken Butter Treatment and Extreme are awesome, but ONLY use them once a week or your hair will be more damaged due to all the protein). I also stopped blow drying/flat ironing it except on special occasions. It took a LONG time, but my hair is now healthy again. It really does just take time. I looked into extensions, but was a little too embarrassed to get them and wanted to solve my hair problem on my own. I wish the best of luck to you, but believe me, I know how you feel. This sort of thing happens to girls everywhere.
    -

Aug 11, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Thanks.

I shall say something later on.
    Are you relishing your new one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GROW hair DamN IT! Grow! [ 15 Answers ]

My hair length is about 1 inch long, I cut it about 2 years ago and continued to about every month, now I haven't cut or dyed my hair in about 2 months and it has not grown at all. I want it to grow!! What can I do, use, or whatever to get this growth process started!thanks

Fade blonde highlights back to natural dirty blonde or grow hair faster! [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: PLEASE HELP! :confused: I want to fade my blonde highlights faster, I've been growing out my hair for a month or so and i'm sick of the bright blonde! I want the dirty blonde back! I don't know if there is any advice to speed up growing it out or to fade the blonde! thanks so much!! :)

Hair in a bun ,hair grow faster? [ 5 Answers ]

Does having you hair in a bun really help hair growth?

Hi, hair grow [ 2 Answers ]

How To Make My Hair Grow Faster

How long does cat hair take to grow back? [ 2 Answers ]

We adopted 2 cats 10 months ago from the Animal Rescue Center. One cat was 5 months old at the time. He is a black and white, medium length haired cat. When we got him, the hair on his abdomen was like someone had shaved him. The ARC didn't have any back ground information on him but did say...

View more questions Search