Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaz111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Hi I'm trying to lose weight with healthylite shakes
    Hi I'm trying to lose weight with healthylite what's the best way to do it and what other things can I put in to the shake to make it good its doing my head in its really hard to lose the weight what other ways can I lose the weight without making myself sick or starving myself.
    IntroducingEmy Posts: 87, Reputation: 12

Aug 2, 2008, 12:46 PM
    I'm not sure about HealthyLite but I know that I lost 8 pounds in two weeks just by changing my diet to be more vegetarian (though I still ate fish and protein filled vegetables). If you can, cut out any fast food or prepackaged meals. They tend to add a lot of unnecessary additives to enhance the flavors. I also took a vigorous walk in the morning and evening and tried to be more active in little ways (taking the stairs instead of the elevator). That was the easiest way for me...

I would recommend taking vitamins during any diet changes just to be sure that you are getting what you need while you're still figuring our your meal plan.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Hi there! Foremost to keep in mind is to be healthy and moderation in all things. Don't try to lose weight too fast but do some research on healthy eating habits. Perhaps you could share your age here and what you perceive to be your ideal weight loss (I am not asking you to post your weight). Make sure your reasons for losing weight are strictly for yourself and not to try to please someone else.

Until you share a little more about yourself here, let me just give a few suggestions:

Drink plenty of water daily (I begin the day with a full glass of water then throughout the day, drink 8 to 20 oz. bottles and end the day with a full glass of water.
    Stop or reduce intake of soda's or sweet drinks of any kind, alcoholic beverages
    Begin a habit of walking or swimming every day. Begin slowly and work up to longer distance whether swimming or walking and faster speed if walking. If on a treadmill, you can tell exactly what speed you are walking and set it for a week then speed up the next week, etc. If you begin too much too fast, you can defeat your purpose by burning yourself out and not wanting to do these things. Sore muscles and shin splints can be deduced or avoided by beginning slow and working up.

A rule of thumb is to limit intake of white foods such as bread, potatoes, pasta!

If you tend to like a lot of sauce and salad dressings, reduce amount.

Just some ideas to get you started!

NOTE:
    If you work out with weights, keep in mind that your muscle definition will change but you many not see weight loss as such on the scale because you will be gaining muscle mass but yet losing the fat. So even though you don't see weight scale differences, you are still getting healthier and the weight is now a positive and not a negative.
    Has2LoseWeight Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Hi from what I have heard about shake diets is that even though you are putting all this fruit and veg into shakes you don't actually get very full but your body is still taking in all the calories and fats and sugar etc. The best thing to do is not to drink theses shakes as you will just get bored of drinking liquids and it won't help you in the long run. If you still want to just have fruit and veg and the occasional shake then that is a good idea but mix it up and eat the fruit and veg as they are raw the way you buy them (of course washed and that) this way you will get full and intake the right amount of calories as you can control what you are eating rather than just downing a whole load of things in a liquid version.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 9, 2008, 02:17 AM
    Actually : milkshakes do not help much : you have to change your way of life to loose weight. Here is a short article I specially prepared as an intro into losing weight :

The only proper and really effective way to lose weight is through willpower.
    I do not know if you live on yourself or with others. If on yourself it is easier : SIMPLY DO NOT BUY THAT STUFF ! what you do not have at home, you can not eat nor drink in the weak hours... If you have a family : buy less items like chips and fatty foods, more fruits, and less sweets. Replace cola's and soda's with healthy milkshakes.

Losing weight means a negative result of the subtraction of calory intake less calory use each day.
    A woman requires around 1500 calories (a male around 2000 calories) per day to stay on weight. That includes EVERYTHING that enters your mouth!!

Even a cup of tea without sugar without milk contains calories!!

Your daily intake should include things like vitamins and other "musts" : you do NEED veggies, you do NEED proteins, and - yes - you do NEED some fat daily.

===

What you should do : make a list of EVERYTHING you eat and drink on a day. Including water (of which you should drink at least 2 liters each day).

Calculate from that list the total amount of calories entering your mouth.
    See where you can reduce that intake. Out goes chocolade, out go cookies, out go alcohol, out goes sugar, out goes cola and any other sweet softdrinks, out goes any fat (there is much hidden fat in foodstuff - more than enough for your daily intake). Reduce intake of other carbohydrates , INCLUDING pasta!! And no more quarter pounder burgers with mayo and chips on the sideline ! Forget the existence of MacD and BurgerKing ! If you ever want to eat a burger : prepare it yourself ! KNOW what you eat !

In stay veggies and some limited amount of protein. Eat daily a salade of lettuce , tomatoes, and cucumber. Eat daily at least 3 pieces of different fruits. An apple a day...

And that is only on the intake side!!

===

Now the outgoing side :

While you reduce the intake of energy, you now also have to increase the loss of energy inside your body, and the only way to do that is by burning up fats and carbs.

START EXERCIZING!! Use a bicycle instead of your car. Walk instead of using other means of transportation. Go to a gym. In your spare time take up a delivery job : start delivering daily newspapers, mail or advertising stuff : besides that it uses energy, it also makes you fit.

Make a list of all the things you do on a daily basis, and see where you can change your habits to one in which you use more energy.

===

People who run a (half) marathon eat the day before a pasta meal to get a lot of extra energy in their body to consume the next day. But if you eat pasta and do not run that marathon, you add another pound or so to your body weight.

The problem with dieting is that most people have no idea how their body functions and how and why they keep gaining weight. Now : at least I gave you the basics of that.
    It's up to you now to reduce that calory intake, and increase that calory consumption !

Success !

:)
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 02:38 AM
    I'll add what I've said in another post earlier. It's now that I realise that many people need to lose weight.

- CHEW, CHEW and CHEW again when you eat food, until it becomes almost liquid. This will help evacuating calories by chewing, and also lengthen your satisfaction by having the food for a longer time in your mouth. If you swallow quickly, you lose that satisfaction also quickly.

- Eat more raw food. Raw food often take more energy to be digested than the amount of calories they provide.

- Eat more wholefoods, which contain lots of fibre (example:wholegrains along with wheat, oats, and rice bran, fruits and vegetables. Use a serving from each foodgroup for balanced meals and eliminate all free fats. Thus, it is easier to eat normally without sarving yourself. It was proved that extra fibre brings about a steady weight loss.

- Rest plentily, for if you go to bed early, you cannot temp yourself to eat and strengthening your willpower by being more rested. Avoid fattening, rich, spicy food which tempt you to overeat and avoid the use of too much salt.

- You can fast on herbal teas, lemon water and oranges for one or two days in a week. Fasting will kind of make your stomach 'shrink' and makes you satisfy with less food.

These are the methodds where you are less tired and spend less time, but some good physical exercise always do good. With this, good luck and I wish you success! :)

EDIT: Anybody can take reference to this post! It works!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

I want to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

I am 31yrs old and now topping the scales at 400lbs. I have tried everything and am now once again going to weight watchers. Does anyone have a success story that they could share about what they did or how they overcame the weight battle?

Why can't I lose weight [ 2 Answers ]

I am 26, 5'6", 170lbs. I used to have no problem losing weight when I was younger, but over the past 2 years it's been a true struggle. I have spent hundreds (maybe even thousands) on trainers, gym memberships, equipment, doctors, fad diets, etc. I work out at least 3 days a week at the gym (30-45...

I want to lose weight [ 2 Answers ]

How do I lose 30 pounds in 1 month. Ive been trying to lose weight and nothing works my b-day is may 22 and I want to be 30 pounds lighter.! https://www.ctunnel.com/index.php/1010110A/fe211b8041087dbefc3790024efb26fb8ddc94c327c433ff34e11805c79544957aade80984edecfecbe72c40c2ebf467e5639716785 :(

Weight lose [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'am trying to lose weight and finding that I'am getting bigger,I'am doing everything that I should be doing right.This has been going on for 10 years and I'am not sure why,I have gone to the Doc, all my test come back good,I find that I get bigger at night time.Thank you for your help.

View more questions Search