Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelcake12 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2008, 11:44 AM
    When you get your tongue Pierced?
    Does it hurt?
    I mean Really bad I know people that have had it done Before.
    But I don't know if they are telling Me the Truth.. :confused:
    IntroducingEmy Posts: 87, Reputation: 12

Aug 2, 2008, 01:32 PM
    The short answer is yes. Though it's not terrible excruciating since the procedure is very fast. If you've ever bitten your tongue then you know what the pain is probably similar to.

I should also mention that 90% of the people that go through with it, enjoy a swollen tongue for a few days, which will make it hard to speak. You might be one of the lucky 10% that this doesn't happen to though!

Here's a few tips:

Research your piercer thoroughly! Make sure that they use clean and sterile equipment and talk to some of their former patients to be sure you're getting quality care.

If you're a little weird about pain, ask if they can apply a numbing agent. It helps to dull the feeling.

I can't think of anything else off the cuff, but I hope that suffices for now.
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Aug 2, 2008, 01:36 PM
    It only hurts when they put the needle through then again when they put the bar in.

Don't play with it too much the first couple days.. and suck on ice as soon as you can... Keep doing so for the first and second day. Clean as they explain.

The ice should keep the swelling down and by not playing with.

Good luck!

Also, watch how you chew. Be very careful, you can ruin your teeth. When you can, change to a plastic ball. Make sure they are on tight before sleeping.. I know people who have swollowed them while sleeping.

Aug 2, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Okay thank you two very much.
    But Does it cost extra money for a numbing Agent?
    IntroducingEmy Posts: 87, Reputation: 12

Aug 2, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcake12
    Okay thank you two very much.
    But Does it cost extra money for a numbing Agent?
    Probably not. It's usually just a little bit of Novocaine that they rub on the surface. I think it differs from business to business though.

Aug 2, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Mmkay thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got my tongue pierced how long does it take to heal and what can I use to clean it? [ 6 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced how long does it take to heal and what can I use to clean it with and where can get the stuff I clean it with?:confused:

How to relax while getting tongue pierced. [ 7 Answers ]

Hey... so I'm going to get my tongue pierced in less than a month... :p BUT... I just need some advise to stay calm and how to relax.. I'm not nervous just what are some ways not to focus on the needle going threw my tongue... Need help please Thanks

I am 14 and I want to get my tongue pierced. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, I am fourteen, I have never ever gotten a piercing before.. but I want to get my tongue pierced now, I wonder.. Does it hurt? ;S

Where can I find tongue spacers so I don't always have to wear a flashy tongue ring? [ 9 Answers ]

I love my tongue ring but I don't always want to wear and I have to work where I can't have tongue ring. Does anyone know any common stores that have them. Because I can't find them.

I just got my tongue Pierced. [ 5 Answers ]

I just got my tongue pierced on the 15th and it doesn't hurt anymore. But today I discovered a bump in front of where the ring is and it was kind of transparent but then about an hour later the bump had turned yellowish and I don't know what it is or if its normal can somebody please let me know...

View more questions Search