Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alextwo Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Is it my period or am I pregnant?
    Ok, I have not had sex, but my boyfriend and I kind of... pretend we do...
    He doesn't actually penetrate me fully, but picture dry sex without the underwear pretty much. I'm on the 28th day waiting for my period. I felt nauseous a little, but it was only for 2 days, and I think I was dehydrated and overworked at work. I am a bit bloated, have headaches, I had cramps last night a little, and am feeling a little y like I usually do when I get my period. Also, he never ejaculated during our time together until he went in to the bathroom. Also, he made me bleed several times which I think was my hymen breaking, and the most frequent time I thought it was my period because there was so much blood, but it wasn't. I know that symptoms for pms and pregnancy are the same, but do you think I'm just stressed and that's why? He didn't have any ejaculate at all... so... am I just waiting for my period to come soon?
    IntroducingEmy Posts: 87, Reputation: 12

Aug 2, 2008, 01:08 PM
    The best way to know is to take a pregnancy test. You could be stressed out over work and the idea that you might be pregnant, which could make it late. I know that I experienced very irregular periods during my first months dating my husband and I was super stressed that I might be pregnant, which just made it even later. I'd say relax, give it a few days, then take a pregnancy test or speak with your OB/GYN.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Always keep in mind, if you have a man inside your body, there is a chance you can get pregnant. You should always use protection. Pretending to have sex? You are playing a dangerous game with your body. If he never actually penetrated you, how did he break the hymen?

You are taking something so precious and playing "Russian Roulette"! I know the temptations and the drive to be close when you care about someone but pretending to have sex is not what "making love" is all about.

I would like to encourage you to abstain from sex until you are mature enough and old enough to deal with the consequences of said act. There are rewards in your life for doing this and there are dire consequences if you do not. I am not judging you but concerned as you are not using protection and you are "pretending" to play an adult game with little thought of the outcome.
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Aug 2, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Keep waiting. Wait a few days and test.

You know you can still get pregnant through precum right? And you may not have him entering you fully, but that's still considered sex. Where you could get an STD or become pregnant.

Also, you can trick your body into thinking your pregnant. So, stop stressing. And look into some BC or abstain.

May I ask how old you are? And are your periods regular?

If you use tampons... then your hymen is mostlikey already broke.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Why are you playing with fire, kiddo?
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 04:21 PM
    How old are you?

I doubt you are pregnant. But clearly it is time to get protection.

Birth control or condoms.

Aug 5, 2008, 04:16 AM
    You will all be glad to know I got my period this morning, and I'm pretty sure it is my period because I have cramps and all that good stuff, so I don't think it's the bleeding that happens when you're pregnant that can trick you into thinking you're not... I'll keep you updated. I'm pretty sure it was stress that delayed it for so long, this is the 31st day. Also, thank you Ash123 because you made me feel a little less stressed about everything.
    -Alex
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Glad to help Alex,

So, are you going to use protection when playing games?

It's nice and natural to explore.

But -- play games with clothes on if no protection. Your choice.

Trust me, if you keep playing, your friend is going to go further and you will be REALLYY stressed.

Ps - you are awfully young to be risking pregnancy right? In fact you may even be too young in the laws' eyes to be even having intercourse.?

Aug 5, 2008, 12:16 PM
    My boyfriend and I are two stupid virgins... we don't want to have sex yet so we tried something else, and we're going to stop doing that, and I want to wait even longer to have sex, which will obviously be protected, we know that. We just kind of figured we were playing it safe, but I guess not safe enough. I am legally old enough to make the decision by the way, so nothing illegal is going down, don't worry. I was stressed out about several things that I didn't even think about until yesterday, and I totally let everything go, and I guess my biological clock noticed this morning. But thank you for your responses and concern, very much. They definitely helped me stop stressing.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Don't worry. It's part of life and growing up.

You will be fine.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 5, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Ok, I have not had sex, but my boyfriend and I kind of... pretend we do...
    He doesn't actually penetrate me fully, but picture dry sex without the underwear pretty much.
    Also, he made me bleed several times which I think was my hymen breaking, and the most frequent time I thought it was my period because there was so much blood, but it wasn't.
    My boyfriend and I are two stupid virgins... we don't want to have sex yet so we tried something else, and we're going to stop doing that, and I want to wait even longer to have sex, which will obviously be protected, we know that. We just kind of figured we were playing it safe, but I guess not safe enough.
    Okay, which is it? He cannot break your hymen if he does not penetrate. If he's penetrating, even a little bit, that is intercourse. So, if that's the case you aren't really virgins.

Also, he never ejaculated during our time together until he went in to the bathroom.
    Hun, there is something called pre-ejaculate. It can contain live sperm and can get you pregnant. When this happens, the man is not aware of it and cannot stop it. Also, its possible that even without full penetration you could risk pregnancy or STD's so better safe than sorry. I'm glad to hear you'll wait and get protection but believe me, both of you should use condoms and another method of birth control once that times comes.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 12:31 PM
    They did test. All is fine. A learning experience...
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 5, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    they did test. all is fine. a learning experience....
    Yes, but certainly not a good learning experience. ;) Hopefully, she'll continue to educate herself on the subject and not make the same mistake twice.
    Wantstoknow1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2008, 05:20 PM
    Dear Alex,
    I hope you hold to your decision to stop pretending to have sex because if he penetrates you it is sex and you can get pregnant. Also you seem to be young. Even if you are old enough to legally have sex it is best to not have children until you have gone to college or a trade school in order to have a career in order to be able to raise your children in a nice situation. It would be best to have your own home to raise a child in instead of an apartment because in an apartment you have neighbors complaining about your noisy child. I know this from experience. Children make noise, it's a fact of life. If you try to make them not make noise you will make yourself and them miserable. I know this from experience too. Children also need someplace to run around and yell. In an apartment building that can be a problem again because it is everybody's yard and nobody's. And watch out if your child accidentally steps on a flower or something. A park is OK but can be too far to be truly convenient. Nothing is better than to be able to open the door to your own yard (even if it is small) and let them loose. They can chase each other and burn off energy and you can continue to make dinner or mop the floor or do whatever you need to and just keep an eye on them. You do need to check them quite often and let them know you are checking. You don't have to say 'I'm watching you' but just yell something encourageing like 'nice throw' or 'boy you run fast.' That will keep them out of trouble (they know they are being watched) and also lets any pervert know you are checking on them often. Perverts usually case a situation before trying to grab a kid because they don't want to get caught. If they see you are vigilant they'll find a kid whose mother isn't. (Unfortunately.) Best of Luck.

Aug 5, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Thank you... but it's all over now, I already knew all of this, and I am definitely not planning on having children anytime soon. Can I delete this question??
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Relax. It was an honest question. Just part of life... and as I said, a learning experience.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alextwo
    Thank you...but it's all over now, I already knew all of this, and I am definitely not planning on having children anytime soon. Can I delete this question???
    Alex, you never know how much your posting of your question might help others. Don't regret posting. Sometimes each of us work through issues just by reading others posts. It is all good Alex. I am glad you shared. You received some posts from some very caring people here and they took their time to try to share things that would encourage and help. As I said, you may never know the number of other young people you have helped so just be glad to be a part of this site. Keep looking through the threads and you will probably find some questions you can help others with!! Take care! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you get pregnant on the second day on your period? [ 20 Answers ]

I got my period on feb 29th but we had unprotected sex on march 1st. He came inside of me- we thought it was safe. But then my period became very light spotting when it shoulkd have been heavy still. After my period a few days later around the 8th I started spotting but it only lasted a day. Now it...

Not Pregnant No Period [ 12 Answers ]

I am kind of worried. I am already 31 days late and no period. My last period was 61 days ago. I tood 2 PT but Negative and went to the doct and the blood test came out negative. So I guess I'm not pregnant but no period. I was wondering what could be wrong with me. Is there something natural I can...

No period, not pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I was on depo. Birth control and I came off, I have not had a period since. dec. o7 and now its April 08 could the medicine be in my body still,and am not pregnant.:)

Can I still get my period if I'm pregnant? [ 11 Answers ]

I am feeling most of the symptoms of pregnancy, fatigue, headaches, sensitive breasts, etc. I got my period yesterday but it was a week and a half early! I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet because I was not late, but I feel like I could be pregnant. Is it even possible to be pregnant and get a...

Can you become pregnant a day after you period! [ 6 Answers ]

Can u become pregnant a day or two after you come off your period? Please help me

View more questions Search