Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cracker26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 05:14 PM
    After effects of oxycotin
    I took a half of a 80mg oxycotin 2 nights ago and woke up today light headed and draggy. Is this a side effect and if so how long will it last?
    Diane Carol Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Jul 31, 2008, 06:18 PM
    I know there are heavier doses of this drug... I assume we're talking "oxycodone"...
    Otherwise known by the name "percocet"... sometimes called "percodan"... which is pain reliever.
    It appears you have the one that druggies sell on the street for much dollars.
    The usual dose is 5 mg of oxycodone and 325 mg. of acetaminophen.
    Many paitents are given this medicine for pain, especially after surgery and it should not cause any distress of side affects.

I myself take it for pain in my knees. With any drug there are always those that may be affected badly and for that reason, such drug should be administered only after seeing your doctor. It is a prescription drug and while it costs very little, it is very effective when taken as directed by a physician.

Your 80 mg... is definitely not one to fool around with. How you got it is the question.

To check up on any ailment or drug try this website:
    Medbroadcast.com... follow the leads to your question.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 06:33 PM
    A side effect of oxy is feeling light headed, dizzy, etc.

80 mg tablets are usually for chronic pain patients and is a pretty strong dosage... and taking 40 mg is rather high as well... as usual dosage is around 10 - 20 mg.

Yes, you could be feeling the side effects, but since you didn't feel the effects yesterday, it may be due to other things. Have you been drinking, eating, resting properly?
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Aug 17, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Oxycodone and oxycontin are the same drug. One is time released and one is not. In fact all opiates are in the same drug group. Darvocet, loritab, loricet, percidan,Percicet and so many others that I can't even name them all, and I probably didn't spell them all right.
    If you only took 40 mgs 2 days ago, I doubt that you are feeling the effects now. I would be checking with my doctor to find out what could be wrong.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Sep 20, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Carol View Post
    I know there are heavier doses of this drug...I assume we're tlaking "oxycodone"...
    otherwise known by the name "percocet"....sometimes called "percodan"....which is pain reliever.
    It appears you have the one that druggies sell on the street for much dollars.
    The usual dose is 5 mg of oxycodone and 325 mg. of acetaminophen.
    Many paitents are given this medicine for pain, especially after surgery and it should not cause any distress of side affects.

I myself take it for pain in my knees. With any drug there are always those that may be affected badly and for that reason, such drug should be administered only after seeing your doctor. It is a prescription drug and while it costs very little, it is very effective when taken as directed by a physician.

Your 80 mg.....is definitely not one to fool around with. How you got it is the question.

To check up on any ailment or drug try this website:
    medbroadcast.com........follow the leads to your question.

Excuse me
    He meant Oxycontin
    Not Percocet
    Ocycontin is a pure form of oxycodone-
    Given out in pills from 10-80 mgs-
    We learn something new everyday, huh?
    Any rate, drink a cup of coffee
    It will wear off soon
    Usually by the afternoon
    If you woke up in the morning
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Don't ever break an Oxycontin tablet and swallow it!!

Oxycontin is a time-release medication designed to work for about 12 hours.
    What you did was released a overabundance of the medication into your bloodstream. The major side effect of oxycontin is respiratory depression which can lead to death. The lethal dose for an individual varies widely. Your lucky you survived.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10mg oxycotin [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I was recently prescribed 10mg oxycotins for severe back pain I have had for awhile. I hear awful things about this stuff and now I am too scared to take just one pill, I mean can I function or will it space me out? I hate medication, especially ones that have mind altering...

Oxycotin Addiction [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how long Oxycotin stays in your system and would show up in an UA? What is the longest time that withdrawals can last? Severe stomach pains is one sign of withdrawal can you tell me if that can come from taking them the normal way? Or can this be from snorting them, shooting...

Adictted to oxycotin [ 13 Answers ]

I want to know how to get off oxycotin with out having to go through withdraws please help me

Is MS Contin the same as Oxycotin? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been prescribed MS Cotin and I want to know if it is the same stuff as OxyCotin.

Addicted to oxycotin [ 5 Answers ]

I Need To Know About Withdrawals From Oxycotin And How To Come Off Fo Them And Side Effects Please Help Me I Want To Come Off Them With Out All The Withdrawals I Have Been Taking Them For Two Years Because I Have Health Issues And My Doctor Is Wanting To Take My Off Them Cold Turkey And Iam Scared...

View more questions Search