Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 12:16 AM
    Have you noticed the work of angels in the bible?
    Here is one example of what they will be doing when the time comes for it.
    This is from the New Jerusalem Bible.
    Matthew 13: 47. `Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like a dragnet that is cast in the sea and brings in a haul of all kinds of fish.
    48. When it is full, the fishermen bring it ashore; then, sitting down, they collect the good ones in baskets and throw away those that are no use.
    49. This is how it will be at the end of time: the angels will appear and separate the wicked from the upright,
    50. To throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and grinding of teeth.

What other works of angels do you find interesting?
    Peace and kindness
    Fred (arcura)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 2, 2008, 07:42 AM
    That is all what you BELIEVE to be so , Fred !
    I find "works that angels do" not interesting at all. It is just belief and mythology.

But I hope you personally are fine, Fred ! Just missing our regular "sparring" !

:)

·
    ScottRC Posts: 205, Reputation: 0

Aug 2, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura
    Matthew 13: 47. `Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like a dragnet that is cast in the sea and brings in a haul of all kinds of fish.
    48. When it is full, the fishermen bring it ashore; then, sitting down, they collect the good ones in baskets and throw away those that are no use.
    49. This is how it will be at the end of time: the angels will appear and separate the wicked from the upright,
    50. to throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and grinding of teeth.

Peace and kindness
    Fred (arcura)
    Have you ever read this Fred?

ANGELS
    Always_helping Posts: 76, Reputation: 15

Aug 2, 2008, 02:34 PM
    50. to throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and grinding of teeth.

Peace and kindness
    Fred (arcura)
    One of my favorites is: Jesus is tempted by the devil for 40 days and, after this, the angels attended to him.

The part where the angels attended to him is hardly every emphasized (I think because the temptation story is very powerful).

I often picture a distraught, hungry, and exhausted Jesus being taken care of by the angels. I don't know if anyone has ever depicted this as a painting or drawing, but I'd like to see it if exists.

Peace.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Always_helping,
    Thank you for posting your thoughts about angels ministering to Jesus after His 40 days of temptations.
    It really is something to ponder.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Credendovidis,
    Yup that is what I believe.
    AND I DO find the works or angels very interesting.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    pnkrkmama Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Aug 3, 2008, 10:33 PM
    Think about this, angels surround us every moment of every day ("for he shall give His angels charge over you.."). However, though angels have and continue to be a part of Christian history my belief is that God in the bible purposly left out the majority of their influence on the earth and regarding humans. I believe this was to prevent angel "worship". The purose of scripture is to draw us closer to Him rather than to get distracted with the abilities of angels who are merely the instraments of God.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2008, 10:57 PM
    pnkrkmama,
    That is an interesting thought.
    There are thousands of reports about angels work here on earth since biblical days.
    I have several books on such reports.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 4, 2008, 12:25 AM
    Yup that is what I believe. AND I DO find the works or angels very interesting.
    Ok Fred ; that is what you believe!

:)

·

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Get noticed [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get this guy to nitice me ?

I hope this work,and you said you noticed it in two days [ 7 Answers ]

Well I hope this work I am using benoquin and I just started it and nothing so far I am wondering was this just a hoax I'm using 20% no burning no nothing and to think I was so scared that I would wake up with white spots, if this mess works I will be sure to let you know:rolleyes:

Only just noticed it [ 1 Answers ]

hi my back has been itchi and hot for aweek or so maybe bit longer its bin acheing for a lot longer than anything else though.but I thought the itching and being hot was mybra irratating it so I got sum new 1s and I was just in the bath and washing myback and found apatch on myback that is...

Noticed there are hardly any if at all any dumpers? [ 19 Answers ]

Have you noticed there are none if at all any dumpers on this forum. Well there we go, it says it all. Once your dumped its time for healing. Accept this harsh reality and concentrate on what you want from life and not what they want, your ex's confusion is their own and not yours. The best revenge...

View more questions Search