Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliciag940 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Jul 30, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Flickering lights in vision at work
    I just within the last few minutes started having flickering lights in my right eye and stuff looks like it's going through a kaleidoscope... the muscles in my neck and shoulder are very tight. No headache (yet). I'm sure it's an occular migraine, but does anyone have any quick remedies for this, or do I need to go to the doctor? Is there something I can do at work to make this go away?

Jul 30, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Ok, so now my head is starting to hurt a little bit, not bad, but noticeable, and the kaleidoscope thing is getting a little bit bigger...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 10:04 AM
    You need to get to a doctor.

Does eating or relaxing help any?
    What are you doing, eating etc... when this occurs?
    Or is it on going?

Jul 30, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Does eating or relaxing help any?
    What are you doing, eating etc.... when this occurs?
    or is it on going?
    I was just sitting at my computer typing away and all of a sudden, my vision started changing and my coworker felt my forehead and said that I felt pretty hot.

This happened to me on Saturday but it came with a suddn and short headache, but my muscles have been super tight since then.

It's starting to fade now, so that's good... any suggestions if it happens again?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Do they use those new light bulbs?
    I was just thinking about how they are suppose to be a health problem to some people
    Especially if you suffer from migraines or headaches.

Or it may be staring at the computer too long.

Jul 30, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Do they use those new light bulbs?
    I was just thinking about how they are suppose to be a health problem to some people
    especially if you suffer from migraines or headaches.

Or it may be staring at the computer too long.
    I don't think anything has changed in my building... It was a really quick onset... I'll probably end up going to the doctor tomorrow or something.

Thanks for your help :)
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Aug 14, 2008, 12:19 AM
    I have the same problem, it is a migraine; they are brought on by different things. Light does have a lot to do with it. I have found taking a couple Tylenol helps. If I don't do something quickly it gets so bad that I can't talk, I know what I want to say, but it comes out babbling. And I've even had it so bad that my right arm went completely numb, it was useless and I was driving at the time. I couldn't even think straight.

My sister, who is a nurse said this sounded more like a TIA, than a migraine.

I've talked with my doctor about it, there is really nothing they can do. But taking the Tylenol seems to help me, if I catch it in time, and lay down. There is usually an after effect for me of feeling bad for a day or so. The only pain I experience is mostly sharp pains that do not last long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion Sensing Wall Switch causes flickering lights [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought a Cooper Motion sensing wall switch. I wired it (correctly?) and I am getting flickering lights when the switch automatically turns itself off. I have good lights in the "on" positions, and when I turn the lights off there is no flicker. However, when the "motion" stops, the light...

Flickering Lights [ 2 Answers ]

Recently, we have experienced flickering lights at various spots throughout the house. As I'm typing this the lights just went off and back on and nothing else was on in the house. Our house is over 20 years old. Any idea where we should start investigating? It has never happened before.

Lights flickering with buzzing sound [ 1 Answers ]

My lights flicker and I hear a buzzing sound near the wall in my house where the outside outlet is. Any thoughts?

Flickering lights [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: i have some lights that are flickering in the down stairs bath and hall and a small computer room what could be the problem? I think it could be a week braker, or a bad connection. What do you think. Thanks for any help.

Flickering lights [ 37 Answers ]

Bigg oops I thought I double posted the question some how and edited/lost the origonal Dangit will try to recompose it Issue of dimming lights, brightening of lights, constant flickering. All these would be a lot worse of a flicker when it is night time or windy out, but still quite often in...

View more questions Search