Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pocketscience13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Where I can find good used computers
    Sorry to bother you about something not that important but, do you know where I can find good cheap used laptops or desktops
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 04:10 PM
    You can check the Goodwill some of them have a computer store, but I have heard good and bad stories about their computers.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jul 29, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Sometimes when a business replaces its computers, it will auction off the old ones at very low prices. Also, Google "refurbished laptop" or "refurbished pc" and you'll find a lot of places offering refurbished models at a very reasonable price.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 08:08 PM
    I like to search for "refurbished laptop" and buy it through direct refurb sellers, like TigerDirect.com

I've seen laptops for $299 and desktops for $199, all nice units. Worth looking around.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 12:01 AM
    All excellent answers above!

Just for an addition to the answer by vingogly above, if you have friends who work for a business that uses a lot of computers, you would ask them when the company replaces them. Sometimes the companies will offer them for sale at a very reasonable, fixed price to employees without it being publicized to the public at large at all. Unless you ask, that topic of conversation might never come up.
    jstnvme Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Aug 2, 2008, 01:00 AM
    Have you tried your local Flea Market? J/K, just browsing the computer section. Try what Clough said! My sister purchased a lab top from her company for $100 last year with Windows XP.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 02:56 AM
    I have a computer tech friend who builds mine for me. We barter. Since he is also a musician, we can find mutual things that are to the benefit of both of us with which to barter. Such as, me doing work on his piano or maybe making a recording for something that he might need for an audition for a show for which he might be trying out to be in.

Since he builds them, I know exactly what's in them. Also, I have the complete control concerning the Administrative abilities in them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find a good attorney? [ 3 Answers ]

What should be my line of questioning so that I may find a great attorney in my consultations in NYC.

How to find a good gynec? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any website to find reviews on a gynec?

Trying to Find a Good Accredited University [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter has decided that instead of continuing at her current college she would like to transfer out of state to a college that deals with Psychology (sexual therapy). Does anyone know of a good site to research which college would be best for her to transfer to?

Where do you find good health Insurance? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew where a person could find good Reasonable honest health insurers that won't make you go broke? Sorry this may be asking too much. I suppose it is. Thank You Don

How can I find good critics? [ 1 Answers ]

I am not a native speaker of english... I come from the middle east... and people here think I have a talent for english writing... how can I be sure of that? I need a critic who's a native speaker, a professional... I need someone to tell me the rights and wrongs about every detail in a piece of...

View more questions Search